All reviewsroom was cleanwindow seatwaffleswaffle makersmoky mountainwould stay againfree breakfaststaff was friendlybreakfast areagreat pricea great place to staymountainspetncmattressestrailrefrigerator
Reviewed April 18, 2017

Always travel thru this area when we go to mountains,a lot to see and do local. Stayed here many times,always top notch

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2017

The room was in very good condition and clean. It was nicely decorated. If you don't mind small spaces (and the name of the hotel says it all), it's a good place to stay.
I think we will approach the free breakfast differently next time we stay. Waffles seem a great idea when you don't have them often and there was also a machine that made something not quite like two pancakes. I recommend using perhaps half as much batter in that machine. My "pancakes" were so dense all I could taste was raw flour. My husband couldn't even taste the syrup on his waffle. I might go for the bagel or the cereal (even with that thin, blue no-fat milk) instead. I don't blame the hotel for this. Those waffle people have a lot to answer for.
If you want tea, don't bother with the carafe of "hot" water. Take a bag back to your room and use the little coffee maker which will provide proper boiling water. People in this country just simply don't understand tea. The warmth of the water in that carafe might have been suitable for the cocoa or possibly oatmeal, but it just doesn't coax the tea out.
There is a space with high tables and stools for eating in the area next to the stairs.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Very average hotel with no elevators, thin walls, and no breakfast sitting area. Hotel staff states that it's going through a renovation but without an adequate breakfast sitting area, would most likely select another hotel. Hotel desk staff were friendly and informative. The hotel is fine if you can tolerate the noise from other rooms due to the thin walls.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2017

My husband, son , & I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and we loved it!! Jessica Lett was superb!! I cannot say enough about this young lady. Anytime I needed anything, she accommodated me. I requested we stayed on the first floor, have extra towels, shampoo, etc. and she provided everything including directions to the Appalachian trail.
I was sorry we had to leave to go back home. I am planning to return since our experience has been so wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family