“Over charging the handicap guest.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Conyers, Georgia
“Over charging the handicap guest.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I enjoy staying in Microtel Inns but was disappointed with the one in FranKlin North Carolina. This inn is a 2 story with no elevator. I asked if it would be possible to stay in the lower lever and the desk lad "extremely nice" said she had one left but it was a handicap room with a shower. I sad fine after she had already given me the quote, but apologized and said the handicap was 10.00 more. I said I will go up stairs.

I have been in many hotels and have used the handicap room at no charge. HOW CAN A HOTEL BE SO INCONSIDERATE OF THE HANDICAP AND CHARGE MORE, THEY SHOULD CHARGE LESS OUT OF RESPECT. THIS SITUATION IS EVEN WORSE SINCE THERE IS NOT ELEVATOR FOR THE HANDICAP. AND THE WEALTHY FAMILY WHO OWNS A BIG PART OF FRANKLIN INCLUDING THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

JAMES L. BAKER

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Candy P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback from our guest. I just wanted to make sure that you new that we did not charge an extra $10 for handicap accessible, the charge was for the Suite you were in and the front desk was letting you know that the suite was handicap accessible as well. The suites are larger with a sitting area and kitchenette. The original reservation that you requested was for a single which is $10 less. I want to assure you the $10 difference was a Suite rate and not the handicap rate. I appreciate you letting me know. I will bring to the attention of the front desk so that it doesnt get misinterrupted like it did with you. Please let us know your request when making your reservations and we will do our best to meet your request and to help with any confusion in the future. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was pleasant. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight here on a road trip through the mountains and were pleased with our stay. First off, I'll start by saying that this is an inexpensive hotel, so we weren't expecting more. The service was nice and friendly, check in/out was easy and fast, and everything was clean. My only complaint really is the quality of mattress. It wasn't very good to be honest, but was comfortable enough for a good nights rest with no issues. If you're looking for a place to stay without breaking the bank this place fits the bill perfectly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and helps to better serve you in the future and all our guest. We hope to see you again and that we are your lodging choice when visiting Franklin, NC. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
GA
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I stopped in Franklin for a nice weekend. We decided on the Microtel based on other Microtels we have stayed in. This one has recently been renovated. Recently meaning finishing up while we were there. All the room have new furnishings, carpet, paint, and I believe mattresses. Some of the hardware has not been update as in the A/C. But that really did not matter since ours worked just fine. We had a pleasant room w/ a living area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Candy P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I am so glad that you chose to stay with us and had a great experience. We are glad you like our new look and that you will be returning on your next trip to Franklin. Thank you for response and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Braselton, Georgia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

what a great place to stay! this is the third trip here for us and it is always clean, with courtieous staff and great location! with the attractions close by we will surely be back!!! we love it! if yo have children, the arcade/ fun factory is right next door... ours love it!

Room Tip: they are all great! no kidding!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Candy P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are thankful that you continue to stay with us and each time your experience was great. We look forward to you coming again soon!
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had never been to Franklin,NC. We went there to visit our son who is at LBJ Job Corp Facility. We ask someone at the facility about hotels and we were referred to Microtel. I read the previous good reviews and I concur with them. The staff was so professional. The lady that assisted us, I did not get her name but she was blonde with a pleasant personality. She treated us like we live there or it was not her first time meeting us. People let me tell you, if you are looking for a hotel that is in a perfect location for any and everything you need Microtel is the hotel. It is clean, friendly staff, I can go on and on. Last weekend (3/2) we stayed at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Newark, New Jersey and the same quality of service we received at that hotel was given to us at Microtel. Despite the negative comments, Microtel is the best. Don't pay attention to those low reviews...check it out for yourself. We did and we were very pleased with Microtel; which will be our hotel each time we come to Franklin. The people of Franklin are just beautiful. Don't believe me?....seeing is believing..when you think of the city of Franklin...think MICROTEL INN & SUITES!!!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I just want to thank you for your kind words. When you arrived it felt like I did know you and it wasn't your first time visiting with us. You were so sweet as well and you are the reason I love what I do. Thank you for giving us a chance and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon. We always want to be your home away from home. I look forward to your next visit with us:)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Comfort Inn
Gateway Inn & Suites
Gateway Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Dillard
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin? Share your experiences!