“Excellent Blue Crab Soup”
Review of The Cajun Connection - CLOSED

The Cajun Connection
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Description: Full service restaurant. Serving Wine and Beer
Description: Full service restaurant. Serving Wine and Beer
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited while on vacation. The Blue Crab Soup, Shrimp Wrap, and Shrimp Po'Boy were excellent. The fries werent' tasty tho. But with so much food, we could have done without the fries and been just fine. Waitress (I think she was the owner) was very friendly and made accommodations for my son (3yr). I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I have had nothing but a great meal at Cajun Connection, for all the years I've been eating there. Ernie and Bea, the owners, make sure their food is fresh and flavorful. Not spicy, unless you want it that way;-) but super flavorful. Great people, great food, a bright spot in Franklin!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I used to be a regular at Cajun Connection until I went in alone one evening and the waitress would not let me sit at a booth because she said a larger party MIGHT come in and she would need the table. Huh? The Cajun BBQ shrimp appetizer and a bowl of soup were around $20. The food was good but overpriced. I also got the feeling of being rushed to finish my meal.

1  Thank NCTravelCat
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Was here Thanksgiving day and was greeted immediately by the owner with a big welcome and explanation of their Thanksgiving special dinner which featured Cajun fried turkey (or roasted or ham) and all the sides for $12. The fried turkey breast was so good it sold out while we were there. My wife's gumbo and shrimp po-boy were excellent but my Cajun Sampler was not.The rice was crunchy and under cooked. The Jambalaya tasted like tomato soup, hot sauce and that rice. maybe one bite of some unidentified protein in the half cup serving. Awful! The Étouffée was poor but not as bad. Spicy brown gravy and a few crayfish in the half cup. My Gumbo was also good and the bread was OK. The Service was terrific. Only the owner the very loud but helpful and pleasant female manager and Anne the quick happy and attentive server were the only wait staff but they did a great job and made our lunch pleasant despite the food short comings. Next time I'll try the crab soup and avoid the bad stuff.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The service was great! The Blue Crab Soup Outstanding and the Shrimp and Grits was straight out of New Iberia, La. Thanks for an authentic cajun experience!