“Great food and prices here! Good southern cooking!”
Review of Willy's Bar-B-Que

Willy's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #12 of 91 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 828-524-0414 phone #.
Description: 828-524-0414 phone #.
TampaBay
“Great food and prices here! Good southern cooking!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were planning to lunch at Cafe Rel the other day but arrived to see they were closed. So we started looking for another place. Finally remembered a friend had raved about Willy's and found it off the bypass and near the old WalMart location. Wow! I ordered the day's special of barbequed chicken and two sides for under $7. My husband got the lunch pork platter with squash puppies and baked beans. I chose collards and green beans for my sides. The veggies were perfectly cooked and seasoned. The chicken was tasty and so well prepared it needed very little sauce. The pulled pork was lean and not greasy. The squash puppies were actually hush puppies with a hint of squash. I found them irrestible. Baked beans were excellent. Service was friendly and efficient. We want to go back to try the catfish dinners that our friend loves so much.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pittipats

Belvedere SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Willy's”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food was pretty good. They give you alot for the money. It was very convenient to the hotel. We actually walked to it.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Priscilla L
Phoenix
“You might feel a little "PORKY" when you leave.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice place with spacious inside dining, country atmosphere and friendly staff. I had brisket and pork, both tasty but, thin sliced brisket just seems to miss the mark for good 'ol BBQ. Tangy sauce was excellent and I managed to make a "PIG" outta myself anyway. Try the collard greens, they're cooked just right. Word around town is they do a mean steak as well. Maybe next time.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank lsmith56
Douglasville, Georgia
“Not impressed”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

BBQ beef tasted like roast beef and was VERY dry. The sauces were great though! Service was nice. We were the only ones in the restaurant and our order came out wrong. It was never corrected after we told the server, but we also were not charged for it. Bathrooms need updating and although we arrived at 8:30 and they close at 9, we felt like every employee (and owners) were staring at us until we left, hoping we would leave as soon as possible so they could leave. This was not stated, just my impression. I think we will try another restaurant upon our next visit to this city.

Visited January 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Staff was pleasant. Clean appearance. Good location but this is not ,in my opinion tasty BBQ.
Our rule is to not eat BBQ anywhere that does not have visible smoke coming out of the chimney & we stopped here anyway.
Try the little hut in back of the Whistle Stop mall instead.

• Visited October 2012