“Outstanding visited twice while staying in Franklin”
Review of Jer's Kitchen - CLOSED

Jer's Kitchen
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Outstanding visited twice while staying in Franklin”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

A great find while visiting the Whistle Stop. In fact went back twice for lunch. Soups great and vary with day. Cheese and pimento sandwich like my mom used to make. Will definitely return. Be prepared to spend some time browsing the Whistle Stop.

Visited October 2013

Franklin, N.C.
“Franklin's Little Treasure”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Tucked in the corner of Whistle Stop is one of my favorite places to eat. Jer comes up with THE MOST DELICIOUS meals. Last week I stopped in for lunch and her special was onion encrusted Salmon. I loved it so much, I ordered another one for my husband and my dinner that night. The portions are large, prices are very reasonable and every one who works there is so nice. And, she makes the best bread budding in the world.

• Visited October 2013
north carolina
“Generous portions, great bread pudding”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The restaurant's portions were very generous which warranted myself to take half of my lamb burger home, so my friends and I could split bread pudding which was exceptional. I'll return for either the lamb or any other sandwich with the torta bread.

• Visited September 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'll will return”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had the cold plate and chose chicken salad, potato salad and citrus coleslaw. Next time I go I'll try the egg salad, pasta salad and the citrus coleslaw because the coleslaw is AWESOME!!! Best I have ever had anywhere! Husband had sandwich with roast beef, ham, swiss cheese, romaine (held the tomatoes as he doesn't like them) on nice whole wheat bread. The food was good. The only thing I didn't like was the taste of my glass of water. I thought it tasted like chlorine.

• Visited August 2013
TampaBay
“Simple, fresh and wonderful!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We've been here twice and each time was exceptional. This hidden gem is found inside the Whistle Stop Mall across from the fairgrounds on 441 south of town. We passed it by time and again until we found out the chef, Jerri Fifer, is well known in the area for fine cuisine even though her current enterprise is a simple lunch and take out spot. If you go don't order something you think is safe. There is a half sandwich and cup of soup special on most days. But I discovered the fresh, light taste of tabouli, the richness of cornbread salad, really good potato salad, homemade hummus, to die for bread pudding with rum sauce and homemade soups. I've not met Jerri yet and I am just a summer person who lucked into something good. Try it and see what you think.

• Visited June 2013