WINNER WONDERLAND

The Sunset
Ranked #16 of 84 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Inverness, Florida, United States
“Great Southern Home Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was up in the Franklin area of N Carolina for a few days and happened upon the Sunset restaurant and was pleasantly surprised with my turkey with all the fixins. I was very good and plenty of food to fill my hungry stomach. The place is on a main back road and the inside was full of people, so I knew it must be the place to eat. The price and service was excellent. I will keep them on my list of favorites when traveling again in this area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Dillard, Georgia
“Eat lunch here almost every day.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Since this is close to my work and they are very quick my wife and I go there just about every day. We have a specific server and sit with her all the time. Although the food is usually very good our server will let us know what to stay away from. They used to have excellent fried chicken but the last time we had it, the chicken was well too done. The desserts are always good. Good place to stop.

Visited June 2013
Duluth, Georgia
“Great if you like food that tastes like it came out of a can”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local shop keeper, maybe because the owner of the restaurant was in his store at the time. My wife & I were visiting Franklin for the day & wanted to eat at a family run place. They had a fair amount of locals(judging by the familiarity) eating there. It's pleasantly appointed in a country decor. The service wasn't particularly friendly, timely or pleasant, considering the style of restaurant. They were more upbeat with the local clientele, which annoyed my wife & I. We are polite & friendly by nature, & have a background in hospitality/restaurants.

We were told that everything is prepared fresh, as it should be in such a place. It's country soul food after all. The onion rings tasted like bland frozen supermarket rings. My wife had the "homemade" chicken pot pie, which was pretty revolting to be honest. Sludgy chicken soup with chicken "string pieces" that were so soft you could eat it through a straw! What a gloopy mess. The corn that came with it tasted like it came out of a can. I had their fried chicken with fries & coleslaw. The chicken was very nice. It was tasty & cooked perfectly, with a good amount of moisture in the meat. The fries again, tasted frozen & generic. The coleslaw was OK, but my wife didn't think much of it. They did bring a basket of 3 "biscuits", of which only the corn bread style disappointed because it was dry & tasteless. The two other variations were good & very light & fluffy. That was what I was expecting from the whole meal. Good quality home cooking. I definitely wouldn't eat there again, based on the inconsistency of the food & the marginal service provided. Also the pricing of the food was higher than it should be based on the serving sizes & quality. $7.50 for a small, low quality chicken pot pie, & $11.50 for 1/2 fried chicken.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank OzzieUsGirl
Franklin, North Carolina
“Best food you can get out of a can!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Use to be a value but they are getting pricey. You can find other restaurants in town which have better food at lower prices. Sweet people and service is great. Best coffee in town but it too is pricey.

Visited May 2013
Franklin, North Carolina, United States
“Home Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's like a little family restaurant with wonderful home cooking and they make the best pies yo ever tasted. We go there alot. Thelp is so friendly too.

Visited December 2012