“Eat lunch here almost every day.”
Review of The Sunset

The Sunset
Ranked #17 of 89 Restaurants in Franklin
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Since this is close to my work and they are very quick my wife and I go there just about every day. We have a specific server and sit with her all the time. Although the food is usually very good our server will let us know what to stay away from. They used to have excellent fried chicken but the last time we had it, the chicken was well too done. The desserts are always good. Good place to stop.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local shop keeper, maybe because the owner of the restaurant was in his store at the time. My wife & I were visiting Franklin for the day & wanted to eat at a family run place. They had a fair amount of locals(judging by the familiarity) eating there. It's pleasantly appointed in a country decor. The service wasn't particularly friendly, timely or pleasant, considering the style of restaurant. They were more upbeat with the local clientele, which annoyed my wife & I. We are polite & friendly by nature, & have a background in hospitality/restaurants.

We were told that everything is prepared fresh, as it should be in such a place. It's country soul food after all. The onion rings tasted like bland frozen supermarket rings. My wife had the "homemade" chicken pot pie, which was pretty revolting to be honest. Sludgy chicken soup with chicken "string pieces" that were so soft you could eat it through a straw! What a gloopy mess. The corn that came with it tasted like it came out of a can. I had their fried chicken with fries & coleslaw. The chicken was very nice. It was tasty & cooked perfectly, with a good amount of moisture in the meat. The fries again, tasted frozen & generic. The coleslaw was OK, but my wife didn't think much of it. They did bring a basket of 3 "biscuits", of which only the corn bread style disappointed because it was dry & tasteless. The two other variations were good & very light & fluffy. That was what I was expecting from the whole meal. Good quality home cooking. I definitely wouldn't eat there again, based on the inconsistency of the food & the marginal service provided. Also the pricing of the food was higher than it should be based on the serving sizes & quality. $7.50 for a small, low quality chicken pot pie, & $11.50 for 1/2 fried chicken.

3  Thank OzzieUsGirl
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Use to be a value but they are getting pricey. You can find other restaurants in town which have better food at lower prices. Sweet people and service is great. Best coffee in town but it too is pricey.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's like a little family restaurant with wonderful home cooking and they make the best pies yo ever tasted. We go there alot. Thelp is so friendly too.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times and the food and service are excellent. Every meal we have had has been great. Definitely a place that the locals( like us) go. Home cooked meals and excellent desserts especially the butterscotch pie which you need to order when ordering dinner. Most of the time its sold out when your ready for it. Also, the trout dinner is very good, and the price is very reasonable. only open till 8 pm and accepts CASH ONLY.

1  Thank nkimperial