“Turkey & Dressing every Fri.”
Review of The Sunset

The Sunset
Ranked #17 of 94 Restaurants in Franklin
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We eat here every week when we are in residence in Franklin.
Turkey & dressing, green beans, marinated carrots & coconut pie (maybe chocolate)--that's my order & I am not going to change it. Wonderful!
Great little local place that transports you back in time--has been there for years & I bet the staff has been there as well.
Visited there one evening with friends & had a very disappointing chicken pot pie--no vegetables!!--but that has been our only complaint & that is simply a matter of taste. I am sure others would love it.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Good homecooking; pleasant, hardworking staff, clean and homey atmosphere. Always stop in when we're in the area.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband usually says, "If you want to eat good food, go where the locals go". It appears to be true in this case. The restaurant is a local favorite; place was full and hopping. It has a folksy atmosphere; folksy in the good sense of the word, where it's informal, a good place to meet up with your friends, and you get great home cooked meals.

Please note that this is not the place to go if you want to watch your calories. I had the Flavor Crisp chicken and it lived up to its name. It was flavorful and tasty and I recommend it. The homemade pies (we had strawberry and peach) were fantastic! We also received great service from the efficient servers.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

It is a very pleasant experience to eat here. This is where all the locals go to eat and you can see why, good home cooked food at a very reasonable price. The desserts are some of the best pies I have ever tasted and if you are in a rush they have car service. If you are in Franklin you really need to stop and eat here to experience yourself. Stay away from the highway places and enjoy real southern cooking (not greasy either).

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Many (over 40) years of eating here, always a good portion of home cooking, daily specials, pies to die for, may have to wait but worth it!