“Beware of broken A/C!”

Hampton Inn Franklin
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Air conditioning that cools hallways, lobby and breakfast areas is broken. It is *81* degrees in the hallway (not kidding!) and very warm in lobby and breakfast areas as well. A/C in room is working hard to keep temperature in the room comfortable. I asked the staff and they said that they are having issues and that they are working to fix the problem. While I understand things fail, this is my second week at this hotel while in town for work and the issue remains unresolved. I wonder if the repair is being delayed due to the fact that seasons are close to changing. I would highly recommend considering another hotel or, at the very least, calling to ask if it has been fixed. Other than the air conditioning, the hotel is one of the nicer options in Franklin.

• Stayed: August 2013
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

There is a Silver Lining!

As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from our guests.

Our breakfast area has been moved into our large meeting space which is at a very comfortable 70 degrees so breakfast can be enjoyed without worry.

I know you and I have spoken on this matter on the phone but I do apologize as our 4 ton A/C unit did expire last week. We will be waiting at least 2 weeks for the unit to be replaced as it had to be ordered and a crane has to be secured. For our small town getting a crane is a major endeavor as it will be coming from Charlotte, NC.

I know you have made several reservations throughout the next few months. As promised I will keep you updated.

Thank you again!
Take Care

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I nearly fell on a slick spot on the tile floor close to the elevator. I let the front desk know and it was cleaned up in less than 15 mins. The front desk got right on it and it wasn't slick anymore ,Great job!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our little mountain town and that you choose our hotel as your home away from home.

When your travels take you to the mountains again, we’d be honored to have you stay with us again. It was our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service.

Your friend in the Mountains

P.S. Very kind of you to take the time to let me know the floor was wet. Much appreciated!!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice very clean room with mini fridge and microwave. Nice staff :) My wife and I stayed at this Hampton as it was close to local gem mining :) We stayed at this one because we have stayed in Hampton Inns before and found the quality and consistancy very reliable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Loved everything about this Hampton. They make you feel like they care that you chose them! Rooms are clean and have a wonderful view. Breakfast is extensive for all tastes. Quiet and away from traffic. Warm cookies upon arrival and coffee 24 hours We didn't use the pool (it was 66 degrees outside and raining) but it was clean and attractive.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Franklin is a beautiful area. Our room presented a full view of the mountains, very breathtaking. Our room was wonderful, clean and comfy. However the frozen entrees offered for breakfast were not expected so unlike Hampton. I hope they go back to the served items.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you so much for the review! I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our little mountain town and that you choose our hotel as your home away from home.

We will be undergoing a breakfast remodel in November and will be able to offer a more expanded breakfast on your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I always look for a Hampton or Hilton when we travel. The rooms are always clean & comfortable, and the staff extremely helpful. The Franklin, NC property is located in a great area for winery-hopping, and gem mining. Close to everything.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Reviewed August 15, 2013

For the area, this was an excellent hotel that excedes the Very Good rating given. Inclusive of all hotels it was Very Good overall, but the staff and personnel werre exceptional. Each one (front desk, dining area, and housekeeping) were all very friendly and courteous, demonstrating an openness to questions and a williningness to assist. The breakfast for good for individually made waffles, hot oatmeal, and cold foods (pastries, bagels, and cereal), but the microwaveable breakfast foods were simply adequate from previous experiences with Hampton Inn. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those travelling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Your friend in the Mountains

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Comfort Inn
#6 of 12 in Franklin
Highlands Inn
Highlands Inn
#5 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Hampton Inn Franklin? Share your experiences!