“Great hotel if you don't want to shower”

Hampton Inn Franklin
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed August 11, 2012

One of the best staffed hotel of any price hotel--really great staff. Unfortunately the showers don't have adequate grab bars and have curved tubs making it easy to slip and difficult to shower safely. If they just put in some more grab bars or better stall showers!

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We enjoyed staying here. The place was neat and clean. I went with my grandson and my fiance, so we rented two adjoining rooms. The views from the windows were terrific. The hotel receptionist was extremely accommodating (make sure you are there when the chocolate chip cookies come out of the oven). I kept getting lost and she kept helping me to find my way. Her recommendations as far as restaurants and things to do were very helpful. We were there during the gem and mineral show, which was a lot of fun, especially with an eleven year old.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here in August while gem mining in Franklin. While you will usually spend a little more at Hampton Inns than Comfort Inns and other similar properties, you can at least rest assured that your room will be clean and any issue you may have will be attended to without hesitation. Hampton Inns rarely disappoint and the one in Franklin is no exception.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view. While you will not have a traditional mountain view you will have more pri...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed two nights the beginning of August and found Hampton Inn clean and comfortable. It is small but cozy. I liked that there was a mini fridge and micro in every room. The shower had an adjustable shower head for those aching muscles and the water was hot. The swimming pool was clean but the towels were skimpy. The breakfast was adequate for me with cold cereal, make your own waffles, toast, etc. I heard the oj and breakfast sandwiches were not very good. The only problem we had was that the soda machine on our floor wouldn't work and the other machines were out of water when I needed some. But the desk was accomodating and gave us a bottle of water. It is a great place to stay and take day trips from. Walmart and restaurants are close by.

Room Tip: Our king with mountain view on 2nd floor looked down on the parking lot and was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryannesdale
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The check inn was fast and seamless. Everything was ready when I walked up to the counter. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to assist us during our stay. The hotel was clean. Breakfast was great. I agree with other reviewers that the cookies in the afternoon were wonderful, the kids loved them. I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Clean and comfortable room. Friendly staff and delicious selection at breakfast. Loved the 'to go' breakfast bags given out at the front desk as well as the freshly baked cookies at night! Great location too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am writing this several months removed from my stay but I wanted to make sure I put in a good word for the place. I was day hiking the nearby Appalachian Trail and asked for a quiet room. I have to commend the staff for putting business patrons at the far end of the hall and families with children nearer to the elevator. I always ask for a very quiet room when I travel and most hotels just put you where it is convenient for the cleaning staff - next to each other. This hotel staff actually listened to me and I had a very quiet room at the end of the hall - away from the crying babies at the other end of the hall. It was clean, the staff was nice and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Comfort Inn
#6 of 12 in Franklin
Highlands Inn
Highlands Inn
#5 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Hampton Inn Franklin? Share your experiences!