“Great place and great value! Only place I will stay in Forest City!”

Holiday Inn Express Forest City
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
So. Cal
“Great place and great value! Only place I will stay in Forest City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Reception staff outstandingly helpful here; breakfast foods kept at appropriate temperatures and re-supplied as needed. Rooms clean and smell good. Any problems in the room (a flickering beside lamp on my last visit) are dealt with in an extremely timely manner. Exercise room always clean and neat, with lots of towels and a working tv available. Staff here does a great job! (Manager from Jameson Inn moved here and it shows!) If you get a room on second or third floor, you will notice that the floors in the hall are a "bit wacky", as stated by another reviewer, but as long as it's safe, what does that matter>

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dinkrees

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

If you are thinking about staying at this hotel, I would suggest you choose another location if you want customer service that is welcoming and honest. I booked this reservation just a few days ago. One of the first items I confirm when making reservations is that I either have King Bed/Sofa Sleeper or 2 double beds. My husband and I have 2 children so the need for 2 beds is important. The lady on the phone confirmed I would have a kitchenette and a sofa sleeper. She also said to me, good thing you called and booked now, it looks like we are filling up quickly today. I said yes, we are having our AAU tournament there.
Needless to say I get her and not only do they have my reservation wrong, they are now sold out of either type of room.
Unfortunately I encountered one of the rudest, disrespectful front desk employees I have ever met. I travel for my business and I have stayed at several chains and this is by far the worst experience. Shae talked to me for 15 minutes how this is not her fault, she was off, they left her in a mess, repeatedly. At some point I told her to just stop with the giving me a bunch of excuses about her being off and having nothing to do with this booking. She then begins to get upset with me for telling her about excuses and then threatens me by saying, "I don't have to find you a room. I can make you all leave." This is late at night with my 2 children right by my side. My husband then becomes upset saying are you really throwing your weight around right now because someone from your company messed up our reservations? Her response, "you all are this close." My last response to her was, when you have kids and its late at night and your reservation is like this, I want you to remember this night. Her response, "well I don't travel so I guess I won't." This is UNBELIEVABLE and if it wasn't for every other place being sold out I would have left. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kenya O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forest City, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Kenya O,

Thank you for your review. I certainly apologize for the unfortunate reservation issue and negative impression the Front Desk staff caused you. I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Mt Gilead NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I have stayed at this HEI since 2009 for 2 weeks every year for business. Since then the hotel has improved every year and last year as well as this year is EXCELLENT across the board. A lot is due to the GM Chellen Blanton and one staff member Jennifer that has been there since day one. All the staff is focused on the guest! They go out of their way to ensure your stay is as good as it gets. If there is an issue in your room, it is gone 5 minutes after reporting it. If you have a special request done. No matter what you need you got it. Each and every staff member is friendly, courteous and CARING! If you could clone this staff and drop it into other hotels/motels that I have stayed at, some a lot higher end and very expensive, they too would receive reviews such as this. Thanks to each & every staff member at this HEI in Forest City, NC for the Excellent Job! See you in 2012 in late November for 2 weeks in room 325!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard B
0318clt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forest City, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for your endorsement and your kind word. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again on your next trip to Rockingham NC.
The Management Team
Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

This place is very modern- the beds are comfy- the location right off the main drag- got cookies at check in- and it was CLEAN & QUIET! Yes the floors are a little wacky- but big deal- you aren't sleeping on the floors! Definetly would recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller-NS
0318clt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forest City, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for your patronage. We are constantly working to improve the quality of your stay. The floors under the carpet in the corridors have been repaired, and the carpet has been replaced throughout the public areas. I hope your next visit to the hotel will be even better.
The management team
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and have to say that for a hotel located in such an "out of the way" area it was fantastic. The beds are very comfortable and the room was spotless upon arrival. At check-in, the front desk clerk (Michelle, I believe) was wonderful. I read some previous reviews so I was concerned a bit about the floors, etc. but I have to say, those reviews are an exaggeration. Yes, there is something obviously wrong with the hall floors but the clerk explained it was due to the building settling and contractor error. The hotel is only 6 years old so anyone staying there should have known better. The only complaint I have concerning this hotel was the breakfast. The morning we were leaving we arrived 30 minutes before breakfast is scheduled to end and it was almost like the attendant did not want to stock anything for fear people would linger. She even had the nerve to come around to every table and let us know she would be closing at 9:30. Very unprofessional and rude. I was quite pleased to see that at 10am, the breakfast area was full with guests who didn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. Nonetheless, if I were ever in the area again, I would definitely choose this hotel again but maybe just skip breakfast.

Room Tip: The hallway floor issue is only on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ajmcpl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel since it first opened. The quality has always been great, and the staff is always friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. Ther is no other hotel in this area that is on the same level as the Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed October 2011
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

We have stayed in several other hotel chains in Forest City, but we found that this place far surpassed the others. We were impressed with its cleanliness, hospitality and convenience..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolinacouple_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest City
Baymont Inn & Suites Forest City
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling Springs - Gardner Webb University
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling...
#1 of 1 in Boiling Springs
#5 of 8 in Shelby
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
#1 of 1 in Columbus

Been to Holiday Inn Express Forest City? Share your experiences!