“Delightfuly Surprised”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
Limestone, Tennessee
“Delightfuly Surprised”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I read all of the negative reviews and they really put a damper on my trip there. I booked 2 rooms thru Hotwire and you cannot cancel or change your booking. To my surprise, when I got there the rooms were very clean, the mattresses were new, good sized tub with a very nice adjustable showerhead, and the staff were very nice and helpful.

Yes there were a few burn holes in the comforters, but they cannot help what idiot guests do to them, you cannot expect a motel to be able to afford new ones everytime someone messes them up. They were clean and that is what counted in my mind. The motel is an older one, but from the two rooms we had they were well kept.

The continental breakfast was not what we would have called delux, but it was sufficient.

All in all if I were going back to this area, I would not hesitate to stay at this motel. Appearantly the people that rated this place so poorly must be used to the Waldorf or Hilton, because I have paid much more for a much worse motel stay in my days.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We were having my daughters wedding reception in the meeting room at the Ramada Inn. They did let us go the night before to decorate but as soon as we left they went in and turned the air completely off. We stopped by the next morning to drop off some things and it was so hot and smelling musty again. The reception was at 4:00 on a July afternoon it was so hot from the air being turn off that we never got it cool before guest arrived. We also had to vacuum put dead bugs from the baseboard before we could put out tables. The preacher that performed the ceremony was an out of town guest so we got him a room at the Ramada. They never went in to turn on the air so it would be cool when he arrived... keep in mind this is July. After a couple of hours they had to give him another room because the air wouldn't work. If they know a guest in checking in they should at least turn the air on so it would be cool for them. Do they turn the heat off in the winter and make the guest walk into a cold room? I will never know because I will never do business with Ramada Inn Limited on By Pass 74 again.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Poovey23

Travelers are raving about these Forest City hotels

Lancaster
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Very Dirty Hotel. Would not suggest anyone trying to stay here. Staff not very friendly. We were told we could cancel reservations till 4:00 the day we arrived. After we found out the condition of the hotel we call at 10:00 the day and were not allowed to cancel. We finally did get them to cancel but only after going to the hotel.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We were traveling with 3 kids, so we wanted to make sure that we stayed in a nice, clean place. We drove around this area, looking at the different motels. This was by far the best value for the affordable rate and nice quality of the motel. The lobby looked nice and we were greeted in a very friendly and welcoming manner by the desk clerk. She was able to meet all of our requests and did so with a smile. Even the kids liked her. The room was very clean and sanitary as well. The mattress felt as if it were new and was very comfortable. I loved the location, especially the close proximity to different restaurants and little shops. It was a very relaxing and warm stay. My husband made sure he had a few of the motel's business cards to keep the place in mind in the future and recommend it to anyone coming in or through the area. We're definitely coming here again in the spring!

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
FLORIDA
Reviewed June 26, 2008

Staying at this Ramada Limited is not recommended! We had to change rooms 5 times before we found one that was, at least, acceptable. Between air conditioning that didn't work, no hot water, refrigerators that didn't work, televisions that were snowy, no security chains on doors, plumbing that was very slow in draining (1 hour for a sink!!!), and a serious lack of customer service, we were terribly disappointed! The entire hotel is in desperate need of renovation......all 5 rooms we relocated to were in serious dis-repair...wall paper peeling, large holes in bathroom doors, carpet frays, broken beds, cigarette burns on tubs, carpets, dressers, etc.

I need to add that, when we had attempted the 4th room offered and it did not have any hot water, we were quite frustrated and had decided we needed to go elsewhere. However, the Manager told the Front Desk Clerk that we would be charged for the night whether we stayed or not due to the fact that we had been there quite a while. No consideration was given to the fact that we attempted all the rooms, and gave adequate time for the air conditioning to work, the hot water to heat, etc. We were simply fortunate that the 5th and final room was acceptable, or we would have had to pay for a room we were not using!!!

We booked at the Ramada due to the lower rates and the past reputation of Ramada hotels. This one was a serious let-down. We would not consider staying there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of Upkeep of Rooms, Plumbing, Air Conditioning, Refrigerators, Etc.
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Scheduled to stay four nights, checked out after three hours. First room they gave us smelled like a litter pan, fortunately, they gave us a new room but told it was the last room available, if we didn't like it, we could look elsewhere. Key card constantly wouldn't work, door was held together with electrical tape. Broken and cracked outlet covers. Pool was cloudy. Stained carpet, bathroom dirty. Front desk staff unhelpful. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!! Checked into the Holiday Inn Express down the street, save yourself the time and go there first.

Stayed August 2007
Asheville
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I was on tour with the NC Symphony in May and one of the hotels we were supposed to stay at was the Ramada in Forest City. It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever been to. The first sign should have been the beer can sitting on the steps leading to the 2nd floor rooms... When I entered my room it was just musty and sticky. I tried to turn on the air and the air conditioner didn't work, the television was messed up, there was trash in my trash can that was not mine, there were spots on the chairs in the room that I don't even want to know what they were, there were hairs all over the bathroom, I could go on and on. The part that grossed me out the most was that there was a place on the bedside table where you can lock your valuables inside it. Well, there were ashes from who knows what on the top of my bedside table. Pretty much it looked like the room hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. YUCK! So, I warned my 4 year old to not touch anything and went outside and found most of the other performers from the show outside too. Come to find out, one of the performers bed sheets were dirty, one had a cigarette butt in his sink, and there was bat poop on the ground right outside of our rooms. Like I said, I could go on and on. Needless to say we went somewhere else to stay that night... this was the worst hotel ever. They weren't even kind to us at the desk or on the phone when we called to complain. I am pretty sure I won't be staying at any Ramada for a LONG time! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Liked — Nothing at all!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest City
Days Inn Shelby
Days Inn Shelby
#5 of 8 in Shelby
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling Springs - Gardner Webb University
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling...
#1 of 1 in Boiling Springs
The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa

Been to Days Inn & Suites Forest City? Share your experiences!