“Nastiest Hotel Ever”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
Asheville
“Nastiest Hotel Ever”
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I was on tour with the NC Symphony in May and one of the hotels we were supposed to stay at was the Ramada in Forest City. It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever been to. The first sign should have been the beer can sitting on the steps leading to the 2nd floor rooms... When I entered my room it was just musty and sticky. I tried to turn on the air and the air conditioner didn't work, the television was messed up, there was trash in my trash can that was not mine, there were spots on the chairs in the room that I don't even want to know what they were, there were hairs all over the bathroom, I could go on and on. The part that grossed me out the most was that there was a place on the bedside table where you can lock your valuables inside it. Well, there were ashes from who knows what on the top of my bedside table. Pretty much it looked like the room hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. YUCK! So, I warned my 4 year old to not touch anything and went outside and found most of the other performers from the show outside too. Come to find out, one of the performers bed sheets were dirty, one had a cigarette butt in his sink, and there was bat poop on the ground right outside of our rooms. Like I said, I could go on and on. Needless to say we went somewhere else to stay that night... this was the worst hotel ever. They weren't even kind to us at the desk or on the phone when we called to complain. I am pretty sure I won't be staying at any Ramada for a LONG time! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Liked — Nothing at all!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vero Beach,FL
Reviewed September 24, 2006

Sink was stopped up, fixtures broken. Toilet handle broken; wouldn't flush. Husband fixed both so we could use. Shower curtain pulled out of wall. Sheets looked like they hadn't been changed from previous occuant. Place looked grungy and in need of repairs. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Lookingforahome
King, North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2006

Very nasty place. Everything was dirty. Popcorn and food particals in floor under edges of bed. Old stained and soiled bed linen. Mattress very old coming apart, and filthy. Bathroon floors dirty with cigarette burns all over tub. Bathroon light did not work and fan made awful noises. Only one room light worked. Others missing bulbs and switches. All furnature was nasty. Bubble gum??? on head boards and towel rods. Head boards missing pieces. Room smelled. Doors walls and counters soiled.
I have never seen anything like this. Stayed only one sleepless night here.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Amanda P
Middle-West Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2005

I stayed at this motel because of the other reviews on trip advisor. The only thing that I can agree on is the motel staff. They were great and very courtious. The room quality was not what I expected. Wallpaper coming off the walls, Bed frame coming apart, cigarette burns on the comforters in a
Non-Smoking Room, Furniture stained and nasty. They must be waiting to redo this room. Go Figure. (Dump) Pics say it all

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank carmac
Chicago
Reviewed April 24, 2005

The Best Hotel I ever stayed in for the price. Manager, desk clerk and the whole staff were very helpful and provided excellent service. The hotel is well managed and newly remodeld. Offers, FREE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET!!, nice breakfast, nice pool view and very Clean. Easy to locate as well, and everything is close by.

• Stayed March 2005
9 Thank DemBears
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 24, 2005

I was vactioning in Rutherford Country, primarily to see my relatives that live there as well as travel and check out one of the biggest counties of NC. This motel even had coupons and brochures of nearby attractions and popular hangouts. I never expected to actually ENJOY staying at this Ramada Limited, particulary because I actually despise staying at motels! I am one of the most pickiest people you will ever meet when it comes to cleaniness (yes I'm a "Neat Freak"). The bathroom was surprisingly very clean and nice. (Trust me, you don't ever hear me say that often, so this is a HUGE compliment!) The maids and other hotel staff were exceedingly qualitfied for their job and serviced me with a very friendly smile and attitude. I stayed for 1 whole week, and my sheets, towels, etc. were replaced with new, clean, fresh ones even when I didn't need nor ask for them! That was a big plus, along with the very satisfying rate of the room(which I would surely expect to be much much higher). I would definitely stay at this motel anytime again and highly recommend even the most choosy motel-hunter to stay here!

• Stayed March 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2004

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at! The carpet was very dirty and had a large spill stain in the middle of the floor. The furniture was tacky, old and missing pieces, which we found in a drawer. On the walls by the ceiling were some unidentifiable stains that were thought we would be more comfortable not speculating on.

The bathroom tile was cracked, the tub had cigarette burn marks all over it and the bathroom door would not close all the way because it looked like someone had broken it by trying to force thier way in.

When I sat on the edge of the bed, it tipped up almost knocking me on the floor. I called the front desk, and they did come and push it back on the frame but it didn't stay. I had to push it back every time I used the bed.

The floor lamp didn't work because the switch was missing. The sheets seemed clean although they were old and fraying.

In the corner by the heater/ac unit there was a wadded up hamburger wrapper (which wasn't ours) that remained there for the three days we were there. We were curious to see if they would notice it and pick it up. It's probably still there.

As we were only in town for three days, we didn't want to waste any of our time investigating other hotels,so we sprayed everything with Lysol, bought a scented candle to make the room seem fresher, and spent as little time as necessary in the room.

The only nice thing I can say about this place is that the staff were okay.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
#1 of 1 in Columbus
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling Springs - Gardner Webb University
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling...
#1 of 1 in Boiling Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Gaffney

Been to Days Inn & Suites Forest City? Share your experiences!