“Very Nice Stay”

Days Inn & Suites Forest City
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We were traveling with 3 kids, so we wanted to make sure that we stayed in a nice, clean place. We drove around this area, looking at the different motels. This was by far the best value for the affordable rate and nice quality of the motel. The lobby looked nice and we were greeted in a very friendly and welcoming manner by the desk clerk. She was able to meet all of our requests and did so with a smile. Even the kids liked her. The room was very clean and sanitary as well. The mattress felt as if it were new and was very comfortable. I loved the location, especially the close proximity to different restaurants and little shops. It was a very relaxing and warm stay. My husband made sure he had a few of the motel's business cards to keep the place in mind in the future and recommend it to anyone coming in or through the area. We're definitely coming here again in the spring!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Forest City

Reviewed June 26, 2008

Staying at this Ramada Limited is not recommended! We had to change rooms 5 times before we found one that was, at least, acceptable. Between air conditioning that didn't work, no hot water, refrigerators that didn't work, televisions that were snowy, no security chains on doors, plumbing that was very slow in draining (1 hour for a sink!!!), and a serious lack of customer service, we were terribly disappointed! The entire hotel is in desperate need of renovation......all 5 rooms we relocated to were in serious dis-repair...wall paper peeling, large holes in bathroom doors, carpet frays, broken beds, cigarette burns on tubs, carpets, dressers, etc.

I need to add that, when we had attempted the 4th room offered and it did not have any hot water, we were quite frustrated and had decided we needed to go elsewhere. However, the Manager told the Front Desk Clerk that we would be charged for the night whether we stayed or not due to the fact that we had been there quite a while. No consideration was given to the fact that we attempted all the rooms, and gave adequate time for the air conditioning to work, the hot water to heat, etc. We were simply fortunate that the 5th and final room was acceptable, or we would have had to pay for a room we were not using!!!

We booked at the Ramada due to the lower rates and the past reputation of Ramada hotels. This one was a serious let-down. We would not consider staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Scheduled to stay four nights, checked out after three hours. First room they gave us smelled like a litter pan, fortunately, they gave us a new room but told it was the last room available, if we didn't like it, we could look elsewhere. Key card constantly wouldn't work, door was held together with electrical tape. Broken and cracked outlet covers. Pool was cloudy. Stained carpet, bathroom dirty. Front desk staff unhelpful. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!! Checked into the Holiday Inn Express down the street, save yourself the time and go there first.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I was on tour with the NC Symphony in May and one of the hotels we were supposed to stay at was the Ramada in Forest City. It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever been to. The first sign should have been the beer can sitting on the steps leading to the 2nd floor rooms... When I entered my room it was just musty and sticky. I tried to turn on the air and the air conditioner didn't work, the television was messed up, there was trash in my trash can that was not mine, there were spots on the chairs in the room that I don't even want to know what they were, there were hairs all over the bathroom, I could go on and on. The part that grossed me out the most was that there was a place on the bedside table where you can lock your valuables inside it. Well, there were ashes from who knows what on the top of my bedside table. Pretty much it looked like the room hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. YUCK! So, I warned my 4 year old to not touch anything and went outside and found most of the other performers from the show outside too. Come to find out, one of the performers bed sheets were dirty, one had a cigarette butt in his sink, and there was bat poop on the ground right outside of our rooms. Like I said, I could go on and on. Needless to say we went somewhere else to stay that night... this was the worst hotel ever. They weren't even kind to us at the desk or on the phone when we called to complain. I am pretty sure I won't be staying at any Ramada for a LONG time! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2006

Sink was stopped up, fixtures broken. Toilet handle broken; wouldn't flush. Husband fixed both so we could use. Shower curtain pulled out of wall. Sheets looked like they hadn't been changed from previous occuant. Place looked grungy and in need of repairs. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lookingforahome
Reviewed March 4, 2006

Very nasty place. Everything was dirty. Popcorn and food particals in floor under edges of bed. Old stained and soiled bed linen. Mattress very old coming apart, and filthy. Bathroon floors dirty with cigarette burns all over tub. Bathroon light did not work and fan made awful noises. Only one room light worked. Others missing bulbs and switches. All furnature was nasty. Bubble gum??? on head boards and towel rods. Head boards missing pieces. Room smelled. Doors walls and counters soiled.
I have never seen anything like this. Stayed only one sleepless night here.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed October 26, 2005

I stayed at this motel because of the other reviews on trip advisor. The only thing that I can agree on is the motel staff. They were great and very courtious. The room quality was not what I expected. Wallpaper coming off the walls, Bed frame coming apart, cigarette burns on the comforters in a
Non-Smoking Room, Furniture stained and nasty. They must be waiting to redo this room. Go Figure. (Dump) Pics say it all

• Stayed: October 2005
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Shelby NC
Days Inn Shelby
Days Inn Shelby
#6 of 8 in Shelby

Been to Days Inn & Suites Forest City? Share your experiences!