Five couples in Corvettes stayed for 3 nights as we toured the area's scenic roadways. The resort is rustic, at best, and old and in need of updating at the least. It has the smallest, oldest bathroom we have encountered in this century. The weather was cold at night at the end of September and we asked about a fire pit at night and were told it cost $50 by one clerk and $100 by another front desk person. Although there were 15 plus customers in the large area around the huge fireplace, we were told they had no propane so there could be no fire. We ate in the only restaurant and on the first night it was delicious - for all tens of us. On the second night 3 meals were over-cooked and awful. We then skipped the restaurant as breakfast also was extremely inconsistent. The resort is perfectly located and the area is beautiful so it is sad that poor management & oversight prevents this facility - which has so much potential - schlep along with marginal performance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam