This resort could actually be a really fun place to stay, if management was improved. My family visited in June and we stayed in the Dogwood cabins. These cabins are dirty and not worth the money we spent. There was no air and I cut my foot on a piece of metal sticking up from the floor in the kitchen. There are nicer cabins there, though with air. During the day, my family had a great time at the resort. There is a great pool with a very small lazy river. There is an icecream store and a frisbee golf course. A pond is on grounds for fishing, but I really doubt there are any fish in there. We never caught any. At night, the place was miserable. The noise level both nights was ridiculous. We did not get to sleep until after 1 a.m. both nights. Some people (I think they were workers) were squeeling their gold cart up and down the road very late at night at kept it up for hours. We have two small children and they could not sleep because it was so loud. People were out talking very loud because they were intoxicated. Like I said, the nights were miserable. I think if we had a nicer cabin with air, we could have shut the windows and kept some of the noise out, but it was so hot in the cabin we had to leave them open. When I checked out I filled out a comment card and said I would like management to contact me. I still haven't heard from anyone and it's been a month. This place has potential, but not worth the money. Needs updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam