My son and I checked into this resort hotel for 3 nights as one of 9 other Corvette club "couples" from Ft. Worth TX on Sunday, August 11th. I was VERY impressed. The mountain roads used to get there were absolutely stunning. This is one of the 2 nicest resorts that I've been to. The grounds and facilities are top notch. My room was excellent, with a door leading out to a 1st floor balcony. The ONLY thing missing was a small refrigerator in the room. The ice machine broke after our arrival, but the onsite restaurant kept a large ice chest full nearby. The weather was rainy and in the 60's and 70's, which I really enjoyed, since Texas is very hot and dry that time of the year. The food was above average and the prices were not too high. The bartender broke the blender trying to keep up with my frozen Pina Colada orders! This was a very enjoyable visit. I can't wait to go back with my wife and enjoy the many activities available. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam