Me and my family went to stay at Fontana for the week. We had a great time the cabin we stayed in was very nice. It had plenty of room for our family of four. We ate at the grill and the Mountview Restaurant. The food was delicious and the waitress, Bethany, was excellent. We went to the pool one day and it was refreshing and the kids loved it. I had a good time talking to Cody at the pool bar. One of the main reasons we came to the village was to visit the Marina. It exceeded expectations. We rented a pontoon for a couple of days and had the best time taking the kids tubing. The lake was so beautiful and the boat was the best thing about the trip. The crew at the Marina were so nice and helpful, Ronnie, Danny, Colton, and Robert were really knowledgeable and helped immensely. One other thing I recommend is taking the sunset cruise with Captain Ken. He is an excellent tour guide and know alot about the area and the history of area. It was great trip and I would definitely recommend visiting and I will be coming back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam