I have been to Fontana four times in the last fifteen years for my husband's family reunion. The new owners have made many improvements in the last ten years. The staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable of the area. We did have to change rooms after check in due to the tub not draining well, but had no problems with our new room. The Lodge is an older property (1975-ish) . The rooms are very clean and ours had new beds, linens, and bathroom fixtures. Due to the mountain location, the TV reception is not always great, but you don't come to Fontana to sit in your room. There is no cell service in Fontana, so make sure you leave the Lodge number with a neighbor back home in case of emergency. The lodge rooms are very economical for a short trip, but if you are staying longer the cabins would be a better option so you would have a refrigerator for food. No matter where you stay, you will enjoy the beautiful scenery!
The facilities at Fontana are very nice. There are two pools, one of which has a small lazy river. There is a nice disc golf course, fire pits, and other outdoor activities. The lake is amazing! Renting a pontoon boat is worth the money for a day on the lake. There are great hiking trails, including the AT. We have two kids, six and eight, and they enjoyed some short hikes, canoeing on the river, and taking the pontoon boat for the day. Tim at the front desk was very helpful in directing us to some places in the area that our kids would enjoy. This was our best trip to Fontana so far and we look forward to visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam