The resort itself is very quaint and relaxing tucked in the mountains of nc. The room we stayed in was unacceptable for the rate they charged, The carpet was filthy The bathroom ceiling had very dark water stains. The room reeked of a pungent mold and mildew smell which was absorbed in the bedding and towels. We called down on Friday night at check in 10 12 2012 to report it and was told the smell was common after being unused for periods of time and should go away after the heat/ac were turned on. That was not the case. The following day it was worse. We called down again sat evening 10 13 2012 reported it again asked for another room. The lady was nice said she would report it and that if no rooms available to move us we would get some money off our bill. Neither happened. I ended up getting sick from the smell. I would hesitate staying there again because of the failure to address this health concern. Mold is very serious. Thankfully we left early Sunday sick and smelling like mold for 6hr drive back home. Sad thing is we go to every mini cooper event held there each may and were considering staying there rather than our usual place a town over, but after this ordeal no way will we stay there. Christi BINTLIFF
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam