Our family rented various accommodations from rooms in the main lodge to cabins. The cabins were a little hit and miss with one cabin smelling of mold and mildew to another being infested with ants. However, staff was very responsive. Tons and tons of activities for family and two pools which were very nice. Also, several restaurants from fancy in the lodge to casual on the front porch of the Wildwood Grill where bands played each evening.
The catering for our event was delicious, plentiful and very reasonably priced. Thanks Will!
Travel to this location is not for the faint of heart, but if you are a motorcyclist, you will love the tail of the dragon on Route 129 which has 300plus turns over 11 miles! You can also come across the Smoky Mountains Parkway which is a lovely view. A truly beautiful place in the mountains with a pristine green lake. Great marina too with rentals. Also recommend the riding stable for a trail ride on very well mannered horses through the woods.
Note that, with the exception of Verizon, there is NO cell phone service, which was a plus for me. You can get free WI Fi in the main lodge if you feel the need to be in touch with the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam