“Great Bar-be-cue on a great porch!”
Review of Wildwood Grill

Wildwood Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Seneca, South Carolina
“Great Bar-be-cue on a great porch!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a super lunch at the Wildwood Grill on 6/1/13. He had a smoked beef brisket sandwich with fries and I had a bar-be-cue pork sandwich with homemade potato chips. All was tasty and perfectly prepared. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. We sat on the covered porch and, even though it was a hot day, the breeze made it very comfortable. Great view of the big lawn at the resort and the mountains in the background. If you're in Western NC, near the SE entrance to the Smokey Mountain National Park, I would strongly recommend this stop for a delightful lunch, including "adult beverages", if you are so inclined. I was surprised to see that one of the reviewers said the prices are high --- Our meal, including two desserts and beverages, was under $20.

• Visited June 2013
breezy2104, Guest Relations Manager at Wildwood Grill, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice feedback! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience!

We hope to see you back real soon!

Greenville, South Carolina
“Nice views, good food, great service”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We've eaten here twice now. My husband loves their burgers. The views are of the surrounding Fontana Dam Resort - very nice large front porch area with outdoor seating - nice & relaxing. Good service. Not a lot of choices on the lunch menu, but suited our needs.

• Visited May 2013
breezy2104, Guest Relations Manager at Wildwood Grill, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you are one of our return guests. We hope to see you back real soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Menu changes a disappointment”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have eaten at the Wildwood Grill many times over the last several years and the food was quite varied and excellent. We returned over the Memorial Day weekend and were highly disappointed by the menu and the food. Prices were high and the menu was very limited. We found out later the changes were due to kitchen size and their ability to cook for large groups of patrons. Although this makes sense to me, we were still sorry to see the changes. I am sure this will be our last visit to this particular restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on the menu changes. We try new ways of doing things from time to time, so it is always good to hear from our return guests. Please know these comments have been passed on to the appropriate person(s).
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Very disapointing, never again”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I write many reviews on this site and must say i was disapointed in the quality and preperation of the food. I do however see where management responds to many of the post on here. The managemet at this lodge is top notch as I stated in my prevous review. There were about 16 of us that ate at this grill. The pizza that two couples got was just fair and they had nothing good to say about their 'pies'. I got the burger and fries; burger over cooked and small for the price, fries cold and soggy and that was the same for the 4 of us that ordered this item. The server was very young and did not ask us how our food was as I would have told him. Water cups went unfilled during the meal. The wait time was exceptional and I almost walked inside to see what the problem was then it arrived as I started to get out of my chair. It was almost like they held all the meals until the last one was ready and making the meals cold. It was my birthday so my meal was paid by a friend. Check my other review as I tell it like it is. Stick with the main resturant in the lodge if your money permits it is excellent and good wine choices. I got the special (fish) and it was excellent and only $12.00 !!! That was a great deal. We did find out that on the weekends you cannot order breakfast as they have limited wait staff but a buffet was offered at $11.95 adults and $6.95 children; we passed as most of us do not do buffets as we do not eat that much in the mornings and it would not have been a good deal. The lodge lost $$$ for three days (18-20 people) as we just had coffee and purchased muffins.

• Visited May 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that your birthday meal was not what you had anticipated it being. Please know we appreciate the feedback from our guests and it has been shared with the appropriate people.
Cincinnati
“Just average”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The menu is limited; the food is average...not bad, but not exceptional...but it's about the only place for miles to eat.

Visited May 2013