“Better than I expected”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
ohio
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Overall I would stay at this hotel again. The price we got was really good. We booked a nonrefundable rate of about $65/night. We stayed with our 2 kids for four nights. The room was very clean. The staff was very accommodating. It was extremely quiet except on Friday night when some teenyboppers decided to randomly knock on doors and run through the halls screaming. Once we called the front desk to complain it stopped.

Three minor complaints. First, no free breakfast. In fact it was $10/pp for the buffet. With four of us I was not about to spend $40 a day just on breakfast. Second, why no exhaust fans in bathrooms? With four people taking showers it gets pretty steamy in there. Third, the showers made a really weird noise sometimes--a high pitched squeal that was pretty loud. I could hear it coming from other rooms too.

So none of those complaints would keep me from recommending the place. Relatives stayed in four other rooms and all were equally clean and nice. No one had any real complaints.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — exiting the property was a little tricky
  • Stayed April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
sanford,nc
Reviewed April 14, 2007

I agree 100% with the review regarding the RUDE staff! I called to inquire as to the pet policy of this hotel. Becky could only tell me there is a non-refundable $50 fee but could not tell me if there was a size limit or a number limit. She became very sarcastic when she was unable to provide the information. When I asked to speak with a manager who could provide the information, I was placed on hold for quite some time and then was hung up on by Becky. When I called back she put me on hold again; Kenneth then came on the phone reporting to be a manager. He was able to provide the information but was also very rude! I'm glad I found this out BEFORE we stayed at this location unlike the unfortunate person who wrote the last review!

• Disliked — RUDE staff
Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Fletcher hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2006

I thought it was maybe just me and I was grumpy, but another guest confirmed that the front desk staff at this hotel set new records for rudeness. When I checked in the desk manager would not look at me, informed me that I was too early (1 pm), that she could not give me an upstairs room, and generally made me feel as if I was putting her out tremendously. Finally she slapped down a key and I left. Later that evening, when I returned to the hotel at around 11 pm, the desk clerk looked up at me and snapped "we're sold out." I told her I was a guest and she looked away. The hostess at the "Cafe" also seemed to busy or unhappy to bother to be courteous. When I asked her to refill the cofee pot provided for the guests; she made a face and walked away. On the other hand, the bartender at the "Hanger" bar was a pleasant woman and somewhat made up for the others. But once bit, twice shy as they say, so I'll avoid Holiday Inns in the future.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Super 8 Asheville Airport

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Inn Airport

Property: Clarion Inn Airport
Address: 550 Airport Rd, Fletcher, NC 28732-8618
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > Fletcher
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Hotel Class:3 star — Clarion Inn Airport 3*
The Clarion Inn Airport welcomes you to Western North Carolina! Centrally located between Asheville, Hendersonville and Brevard, NC, we offer a perfect location for business and leisure travelers. The Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) is a quarter mile from the Clarion Inn Airport and we offer complimentary airport shuttle. Corporate travelers will enjoy our close proximity to several major corporations. 150 Guest Rooms. Indoor/Outdoor Pool. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Inn Airport Hotel Fletcher