“Very Nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This property was formerly a Holiday Inn. Now it is a clean and neat Clarion Inn with comfortable beds and a super staff. We were surprised that our room did not have a refrigerator, but upon asking about one, it was delivered prompto. There are both inside and outside pools, both clean and well kept. The parking lot was well lit and the whole area seemed safe even though it was very near the interstate exit. There were plenty of fast food 'joints' nearby. We appreicated that there were three open after midnight since we returned from the North Carolina Championship Horse Show at the Ag Center around 1 AM. BTW, the Ag Center is almost in sight of this hotel - very handy!

Room Tip: Our room was on the interstate side, but honstly, we did not notice the noise since the property was...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your pleasant review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with the upgrades since the change from Holiday Inn. We pride ourselves in making sure every guest has the best stay possible. We hope you think of us next time you are in the area. Thanks again for choosing Clarion Inn, we hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

After considering many other venues for my son's wedding reception, I'm very happy that I finally called the Clarion Inn. Their pricing was excellent, everything was set-up exactly to my specifications, the staff provided for the reception was professional and very attentive and they went out of their way to take care of each and every one of my questions and concerns during the reception. I especially appreciated Wendi and Stan, can't say enough about their patience and kindness as I planned the event-they really made every effort to accommodate everything I wanted to do. The facilities themselves were very nice, but it was the Clarion staff that impressed me the most...thank you all for helping me make the reception a very special and memorable celebration for my son and his wife!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Your feedback is important to make sure every guest and event has the absolute best experience possible. We love weddings at the Clarion Inn and our attention to detail for you shows it. We hope you think of us next time you are in the Asheville area, or are planning your next event. We hope to see you soon, have a great holiday season. Congrats again to the happy couple!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a "pet friendly" hotel, but not pet smart. They have no policy or procedure to deal with the dog owners who go away for long periods leaving their poorly trained animals to bark loudly and endlessly long into the night ( midnight in my case). The room was incredibly shabby -the bed cover was folded in a way that highlighted large frayed and stained areas, the seat of the desk chair was covered in really ugly stains. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kgp1948
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Clarion Inn. Your feedback is important to us to make sure we can every guest has the best experience possible. I apologize for the inconvenience of the loud dog, while we are a pet friendly hotel I can completely understand the bother caused by neighbor dogs that bark non-stop. Hotel Policy does have us contact the guest and institute a fine if near-by guests complain but we are not able to physically enter the room unless guest safety is at risk. I can assure you that I was contacted that evening and did speak with the guest the following morning and addressed the issue. Our form for pet guests does state that pets are NOT to be left alone in rooms. I also apologize for the condition of the bedding in your room, I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping staff and they will be replacing the bedding in the rooms as we enter our fall season. Once again I do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in the Asheville Area. Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay, I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.
Watkinsville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked my room with Travelocity for the Asheville area and clicked on getting a three star Hotel, this Hotel did not seem to be a 3 Star, I would call it more moderate than luxury. Disappointed at first glance, it turned out to be great! On request, they brought me a frig. and microwave to my room at no charge and accommodated me in every way they could. It has two very nice pools and one is inside and heated, not many Hotels have this on their grounds. The complimentary breakfast was good, not excellent by any means but good enough for a hot breakfast included in your price. The best part for of all was the staff, they were super, friendly, helpful and very accommodating; from the front desk folks to the housekeepers all great. They have a shuttle, pools, beautiful outside courtyard and the best staff. The other great part to me was that they are very pet friendly for those traveling with a pet, even allowing your furry friends in the lobby. Due to the warmness of the staff, the whole atmosphere in the lobby with travelers was warm and open with pets enjoying the ambiance as well. I would most likely always go back and stay in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a frig. and microwave if you need one. Bring your pooch
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Clarion Inn. Your feedback is important to us to make sure we provide every guest the best experience possible for your home-away-from-home. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the numerous amenities on property. From our hot complimentary breakfast, to the on-property restaurant and lounge, to our indoor and outdoor pool, there's something for everyone. We are most certainly friendly to all our guests, albeit 2-legged or 4-legged. We welcome every guest as part of our family. We do hope you think of us again next time you are in the Asheville area. Thanks again for choosing Clarion Inn. We hope to see you soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a soccer tournament and needed a place for two nights.We were given a discounted price for a room and I was shocked at what we got and not a happy shock. We were given a room with no microwave or refrigerator. I had brought popcorn and was not able to pop it or keep our drinks cold. The room was given to us for $95 / night. I have stayed at other places for $69 and received both refrigerator and microwave. There is no elevator and we had to carry our bags up the stairs to the second floor. Access to the pool is in the front lobby which made me uncomfortable to walk around, even with a coverup, while others are fully dressed looking at you as they sign in. One plus was the hot breakfast served. It made getting up early for the soccer games easy because the breakfast was ready when we were. The room was comfortable and for two nights a good stay but I would not recommend it for any longer.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Clarion Inn. Your feedback is important to us to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied every time. I do apologize for the lack of appliance amenities in your room. They are available upon request on a first-come-first-serve basis, and on high demand weekends like soccer tournament weekends, they go pretty fast. I apologize for our staff not offering assistance with your luggage for the steps, I have personally addressed this with my staff to make sure luggage assistance is offered every time. I am happy that you enjoyed our hot breakfast,. I hope you think of us next time you are in the Asheville area, and thanks again for taking the time to write your review. Thanks for choosing Clarion Inn.
Davie, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I was a little bit skeptical after I read some of the reviews on this hotel. I have stayed in plenty of dumpy hotels and this is not one of them. It's very nice and disregard the bad reviews. They are not accurate. You want to see 1 stars , then go down the road to the Hendersonville exit . These are dumps.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank David L
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Clarion Inn. Your feedback is important to us to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied every time. I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities at our property. We strive to make sure any concerns a guest brings up is addressed and corrected every time. We hope that your stay left a lasting impression, and you think of us next time you are in the Asheville Area.

Have a happy and safe summer, and thanks again for choosing Clarion Inn.
Hickory, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel had the potential to be great, but was very run down. The air conditioning in the lobby had been broken for over a month, and there were several other things that seemed very run down. I overheard someone saying the bank that owned the building was trying to sell it, and wasn't anxious to put any more money into it. Just bleh. I would have been pretty upset, if I hadn't got a very discounted group rate. Still, maintenance is important. The staff was nice enough, but I felt like I was in a Stephen King novel, and something creepy was going to happen to me, any moment. Also, I am not fond of the layered institutional yellow paint.

Room Tip: Ask them not to put you at the end of a hallway, close to an outer entrance, where people stand righ...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Clarion Inn. Your feedback is important to us to make sure we offer 100% satisfaction every time, to every guest. I am happy to reply that the air conditioning in our lobby is working, but at our bar and lounge, there is an outage at this time. We have a crew working on it, but with the weather and safety the crew has been working as diligently as they can to make sure it is 100% operational. We are in the process of ongoing upgrades, and brightening our hallways is one of our top priorities.

I hope you will stop by next time you are in the Asheville are so you can see the improvements made. Thanks again for choosing Clarion Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!