“Dog friendly but room needs deep cleaning”

Clarion Inn Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Visited family for a high school graduation so we were able to have our dogs stay at our relatives home during our out time. I would not have felt safe if they had been left t the hotel. Too many entry and exit locations down all the hallways. Several times our keys stopped working and we did not have them near cell phones or other credit cards. Staff didn't seem to know how long we were staying and didn't program the cards correctly. Killed one roach and two spiders In a four day stay. I think the rooms are clean, but the hotel hallways and rooms just smell old and musty. I borrowed some room spray from our family to mask the "old" odor. On the day before we checked out at 8:30 a.m. Housekeeping was knocking on our door. Perhaps it's time for deep cleaning and pest control ordered! breakfast was ok, could not believe they didn't have instant grits and only flavored oatmeal as healthy choices with fruit and yogurt. Cereal sugary and boring in bins and not individual boxes. I would not recommend this hotel because of the pests and odor. If you are going to allow pets, being super clean is a must! The air conditioner units need to be cleaned too. I would not walk barefoot on the floors, just incase there were more pests our pups missed.

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby area
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Clarion Inn. Your feedback is important to us to make sure every guest feels at home when they stay. We have addressed the issue of malfunctioning keycards with our brand manufacturer, and have corrected this for future guests.I do apologize for your experiencing pests in your room, we have followed up with our maintenance department and made sure that all of our rooms are properly checked to make sure no outdoor pests can enter. We have also followed up with out pest control company, Ecolab to make sure that we have a more proactive solution for future guests.

We do hope you will think of us again in future stays to give us another chance to show you the improvements. Thanks again for choosing Clarion Inn.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Airport

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

It was an average hotel room but it was very clean and the bats were very comfortable. I could hear airplanes early in the morning and a lot of noise in the hallway from other guests so the walls are a little thin. I did not eat in the restaurant or the breakfast bar

• Stayed: April 2013
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Clarion Inn. Im glad you found your stay pleasant and peaceful, our bedding is one of our highest rated comments, and we take pride in that. I see you have mentioned the noise heard through the halls, and I have forwarded these concerns to our corporate office, who is working now with our maintenance department to better sound-proof our rooms. I hope you will come visit us again when the changes are made, and see our new menu in our restaurant. As always our hot breakfast is complimentary.

We hope to see you again next stay, please feel free to contact me next time you stay and I will personally take care of you.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were somewhat reluctant to book a hotel so close to the airport but that noise wasn't an issue at all compared to the sound of closing doors in our 50 room wing. Plus the room walls were thin enough to hear normal volume TV and conversation next door. The room itself was clean, comfortable and the bed was great. The staff was very accomodating to our requests for early and late shuttles to and from the airport. The continental breakfast was good, hot and as complete as most.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Farmerbobmi

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Clarion Inn. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us. I apologize if any discomfort was caused from the noise through the walls. I have brought this up to our corporate office, and they are working with our maintenance department to make sure we can find better sound proofing for our rooms. I hope you will visit us again sometime so see the changes made. Please feel free to give us a call, and ask for myself and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks again for your stay!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great place to stay the restaurant had great food.front desk was polite and the bar was alot of fun that night.I didnt really like no elevator but we did get help from the staff with the luggage.the pool was amazing and we did like the time away with low noise.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cody B
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests, albeit positive or negative reviews. Im glad that you had a fun experience in our lounge during your stay and that our staff was there for your needs. We strive to give 110% customer satisfaction for every stay. I do apologize that we do not have an elevator on property, and while our staff is more then happy to help with luggage handling, Im sure after a long trip, the last thing anyone wants to do is walk up stairs. Im glad you also enjoyed your time in our heated indoor pool, and hope you will visit us again when the outdoor pool in our park/courtyard is open.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This Clarion used to be a Holiday Inn originally. Appears they did some property upgrades & it is a good place to stay. Literally right across the Interstate from the Asheville Airport & one of the few in the area that run a complimentary airport shuttle. One side of the mattress in my room was fairly worn out, but the other side was comfortable. They have a lounge that we stopped by for a few drinks after dinner. Nothing to brag about, but convenient. Didn't stay long as they were going to have a DJ, apparently that was going to play rap & they were charging a cover for this??!! Not my idea of entertainment.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Clarion Inn Asheville Airport. I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us. I apologize that you experienced some discomfort with the mattress in your room. I have adressed this concern with our Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments and will be updating our mattresses as we go through our seasonal rennovations. I do hope you enjoyed your time in The Hangar, the lounge on property, and while I do apologize that the music at the time was not to your taste, we do have constantly changing music entertainment in the lounge and hope you will stop by next time your in the Asheville Area to see the changes.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Room was clean and front staff was friendly, breakfast bar sucked eggs burned and most food was cold. Don't waste your time on the free breakfast just go to Hooper creek Cafe and eat breakfast. It is very easy to get too and the location is close to a lot of shopping and only bout 20 min to Biltmore House.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of the Clarion Inn Asheville Airport. We appreciate hearing from our guests, and try to use the feedback to further improve our guests' experience. I apologize for the poor experience you had during our complimentary breakfast. I have brought this up with our Breakfast Staff as well as our Kitchen Staff and have since updated our entire breakfast menu. I am pleased that the rest of your stay was enjoyable, and do hope you visit us again when your in the Asheville Area!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed two nights and used a Groupon voucher, so our stay was inexpensive. Staff were friendly and our room was comfortable. We were on the second floor and our window looked out on the courtyard. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The layout of the hotel is unusual; it is a big square building with a courtyard in the center. Hallways are long and very plain, with no decorative light fixtures or any other touches to show any kind of flair in the design. There are several restaurants within walking distance, but there are no sidewalks along the road. It is about a twenty minute drive into Asheville and not far to Hendersonville. The continental breakfast is about average - instant eggs, bread, bagels, yogurt, etc. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because they have an indoor pool, but the water was so cold it was basically unusable. I would be willing to stay here again, but only if the room was as cheap as this time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!