“Hidden gem in south Asheville”

Tudor House Bed and Breakfast
Tudor House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Fletcher B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2013

What an unbelievably wonderful place to stay and relax. I still do not believe how removed from the general area Tudor House is given its convenient location to the airport. A few acres in the middle of forest well hides this southern gem. Tudor House is by far may favorite stay in my years of travel. For a guy who clocks 50-90 stays a year, I believe this to be saying something. The price was equal to some of the lower level Marriott or Hilton prices but the quality and great experience were equal to the best hotels I’ve stayed. Be sure that the experience is much different than other hotels. If you enjoy staff fawning over you at every turn, go to the J.W. or Biltmore. If you enjoy being left mostly to yourself in an absolutely wonderful environment, this is your place. A stay at Tudor House is one of quiet contentment and pleasant memories. I would love to go back and/or offer Tudor House as a suggestion to friends visiting Asheville for pleasure or business.

Room Tip: The hidden door room adds a little excitement :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SerenityTrugger
There are newer reviews for Tudor House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was just a fabulous place to stay for the weekend. My Husband surprised me with the stay here instead of a hotel and there were NO regrets. The Host and Hostess were a spectacular British couple that made our stay homey and comfortable. We even recieved the room with the hidden door which was fun in itself. Don't pass up the chance to stay here if you are visiting Asheville or its surrounding areas.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As I was reading the review from October 19, I saw that the person stayed in same room as we did but had a different impression. The room is in desperate need of painting. The door are all faded as was some of the carpet in the bathroom. Brass fixtures in the bathroom tells you how long it has been since it was updated. Yes there was a TV, older model, and an ELECTRIC fireplace. When we arrived, about an hour or so earlier than I had told them, June wasn't there and Alvin was tinkering (he loves to do this, and very well I might add) in the garage. He showed us to our room, gave us a real quick go through the room and left us, not giving us the Wi-fi password (24 hours later) and never did get a key to the room, my mistake for not asking I suppose, I thought it was standard that you got a key to the room. He didn't tell us about the jacuzzi (another couple told us on our second and last day at breakfast right before we left) This is a jacuzzi that was put in a tower he built with spiral staircase (I would have thought he would have been bragging from the get go about it) he showed us on the way out and we both weren't happy that we didn't know about it.
Breakfast was scarce, a fruit parfait and day 1 was AN egg benedict on homemade bread and an overcooked egg on regular bacon. Day 2 was a small egg cassarole with 1/2 piece of bacon, well the women got 1/2 slice of bacon, the men got none.
The couple that we had breakfast had been there before, so they told us about the jacuzzi and Alvin and the gentlemen got along like peas and carrots. We just tried to follow along in the conversation, either about tinkering stuff, engineering or building houses.
I had told June when I booked the room that it as our anniversary (as directed on the website) but never got an acknowledgement or a flower for the occasion. The other couple brought down a pot of coffee that had in their room, something else we weren't offered.
Overall, the dogwood room was doggone old and not worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShadesofWeb
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here only one night but would definitely like to go back. Though surrounded by commercial and residential areas, this B & B remains isolated the noise and bustle of its surroundings. I felt like I was in a large wooded area. The lovely couple who own and run this B & B were quite helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was delicious! The room was cozy (with fireplace and TV) and had a large bath attached.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Dogwood room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this B&B last year (I forgot to write something about it apparently until just now). We were delighted by the hidden entry to our room, which is behind a panel in the wall. We thoroughly enjoyed the whirlpool tub beside the huge window (can't say the same for the neighbors). We very much enjoyed learning about the history of the house and how the home owners ended up "across the pond." We enjoyed the breakfast. The house is amazing. The tower in the backyard is impressive. I love British humor. It's close to a German restaurant, making Oktoberfest fun and convenient. It's also close to an Italian restaurant - I recommend getting the fig appetizer by the way.

What I don't recommend is staying here if you identify as LGBT. My husband and I found this B&B after researching and reading something somewhere that indicated something pointing to it being LGBT friendly. Though we enjoyed staying there, I don't think we'll return after the hostess assumed that my husband and I must be anti gay rights. Man was that a horrible assumption on her part! We assumed the home owners are pro-gay...and boy was that a horrible assumption on our part! When the conversation was initiated, both sides quickly shut the conversation down. I felt icky by what was said that was assumed we would agree with. I'm sure the home owner felt confused by our non-pro-hetero stance. That's what happens when people make assumptions about each other. You make an as*-well, you just don't return as a repeat customer.

Room Tip: If you're looking for privacy, The Garden Room is through the dining room, behind a wall panel...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilithmonkey
Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you enjoy the English influence, you need to vist June and Alvan at The Tudor House. Wonderful hosts! The B&B is very nice...situated on 4 wooded acres in the midst of the town. Hard to believe you can escape until you make the drive up their gravel driveway for about 100 yards to the house. Antiques dominate the decor as well as plenty of the Queen Mother's collectibles. Comfortable, spacious room. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. June and Alvan have varied interests and hobbies. If you love cars (especially Jaguars or DeLoreans) or woodworking, Alvan will amaze you. If you want to hear all about the Queen Mother or antiques, June knows her stuff. Better yet, ask June about Phil Everly or Pat Boone! Guarantee you will love those stories! I wish we had been able to stay additional nights. Needed more time...wanted to talk more with our hosts, visit more in Asheville (just about 15 minutes away), and so much more. Definitely will be going back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We spent three nights with Alvan and June while visiting Asheville, NC. The house was clean and comfortable and quite reasonably priced. The room we stayed in was relatively small, but certainly adequate. The owners are friendly and pleasant, and the breakfast was hearty! If you are seeing both Hendersonville and Asheville, this is a great location. If you're looking for a decent, homey place to stay then this is it. Just like staying with family! We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#3 of 11 in Hendersonville
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26

Been to Tudor House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!