“Cozy retreat.”

Tudor House Bed and Breakfast
Tudor House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Fletcher B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here only one night but would definitely like to go back. Though surrounded by commercial and residential areas, this B & B remains isolated the noise and bustle of its surroundings. I felt like I was in a large wooded area. The lovely couple who own and run this B & B were quite helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was delicious! The room was cozy (with fireplace and TV) and had a large bath attached.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Dogwood room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this B&B last year (I forgot to write something about it apparently until just now). We were delighted by the hidden entry to our room, which is behind a panel in the wall. We thoroughly enjoyed the whirlpool tub beside the huge window (can't say the same for the neighbors). We very much enjoyed learning about the history of the house and how the home owners ended up "across the pond." We enjoyed the breakfast. The house is amazing. The tower in the backyard is impressive. I love British humor. It's close to a German restaurant, making Oktoberfest fun and convenient. It's also close to an Italian restaurant - I recommend getting the fig appetizer by the way.

What I don't recommend is staying here if you identify as LGBT. My husband and I found this B&B after researching and reading something somewhere that indicated something pointing to it being LGBT friendly. Though we enjoyed staying there, I don't think we'll return after the hostess assumed that my husband and I must be anti gay rights. Man was that a horrible assumption on her part! We assumed the home owners are pro-gay...and boy was that a horrible assumption on our part! When the conversation was initiated, both sides quickly shut the conversation down. I felt icky by what was said that was assumed we would agree with. I'm sure the home owner felt confused by our non-pro-hetero stance. That's what happens when people make assumptions about each other. You make an as*-well, you just don't return as a repeat customer.

Room Tip: If you're looking for privacy, The Garden Room is through the dining room, behind a wall panel...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilithmonkey
Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you enjoy the English influence, you need to vist June and Alvan at The Tudor House. Wonderful hosts! The B&B is very nice...situated on 4 wooded acres in the midst of the town. Hard to believe you can escape until you make the drive up their gravel driveway for about 100 yards to the house. Antiques dominate the decor as well as plenty of the Queen Mother's collectibles. Comfortable, spacious room. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. June and Alvan have varied interests and hobbies. If you love cars (especially Jaguars or DeLoreans) or woodworking, Alvan will amaze you. If you want to hear all about the Queen Mother or antiques, June knows her stuff. Better yet, ask June about Phil Everly or Pat Boone! Guarantee you will love those stories! I wish we had been able to stay additional nights. Needed more time...wanted to talk more with our hosts, visit more in Asheville (just about 15 minutes away), and so much more. Definitely will be going back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We spent three nights with Alvan and June while visiting Asheville, NC. The house was clean and comfortable and quite reasonably priced. The room we stayed in was relatively small, but certainly adequate. The owners are friendly and pleasant, and the breakfast was hearty! If you are seeing both Hendersonville and Asheville, this is a great location. If you're looking for a decent, homey place to stay then this is it. Just like staying with family! We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

The owners are really welcoming and pleasant.
We stayed in the Garden Room, and the room was very clean, the bathtub is great, and the fireplace makes the room very cozy.
We were served a lovely breakfast, and the owners are very accommodating.
I loved the fresh flowers in our room, it was a nice detail.
It is a little further out than the larger hotels, but well worth it. It's about the same price as the chain hotels, but so much nicer of a stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2009

While searching for accomodations on the Web for our motorcycle trip to Norh Carolina we came across the Tudor House Bead & Breakfast. It sounded different and inviting so we made our reservation. We could not have been more satisfied with the B&B and Alvan and June, the wonderful English couple who run it. It was quaint, very relaxing and full of Old World charm tucked away in a great wooded location close to town. They went out of their way to provide great service, along with a great sense of humor. We found ourselves looking forward to breakfast each morning for both the fantastic food (including French pressed coffee) as well as the great conversation with them and the other guests. The Garden Room was wonderful, with a very nice king-sized bed, wireless Internet service and two-person Jacuzzi tub in the bath. Alvan was out to greet us the moment we arrived, offering help with the luggage as well as garage space for our motorcycles while there. We will definitely keep the Tudor House at the top of our list when traveling again to this part of the country. Great place! Great people!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2007

My sister wanted to find a bed and breakfast in Asheville, NC to accomodate thirteen relatives. She was planning a surprise 40th birthday party for her husband, and she needed to find lodging for thirteen people. We both called several bed and breakfasts, lodges, and resorts in the Asheville area, but we couldn't find a place to accomodate us. Perhaps our biggest obstacle was finding an accomodation that would allow children. We had a two - year old and a ten- year old in our group. I finally looked outside of Asheville for more options. I found the Tudor House, which is located in Fletcher, NC. I phoned the B&B, and explained our circumstances. June, the innkeeper, was very gracious, and didn't have any reservations for the weekend we requested. We were able to book all of her rooms, and the children were welcome seeing how we were the only guests that weekend. They even assisted my sister with some of her party - planning arrangements! The B&B was easy to find, and it is located in the front of a subdivision. We were surprised to turn into a neighborhood, but their gravel driveway leads you into a totally wooded and private area. My husband and I stayed in the Forest Room and it was comfortable. There was a Queen bed, a TV and DVD player, and a large jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. It wasn't a huge room, but there were beautiful views of the backyard. We were able to peak in all the other rooms, and I guess there were 2 rooms that were a little small. One room did open to the bathtub on the far side of the room, but the bathroom was private. Each room was tidied everyday by a housekeeper. Breakfasts were fine.One morning we ate fruit salad and french toast, and the next day we ate fruit salad, homemade bread, and quiche. There were various jams and honey on the table as well.
Alvin, the innkeeper, usually chatted with everyone during breakfast which was nice. All in all I think everyone enjoyed themselves.
FYI - My husband and I stay at B&B's frequently and the only true difference I noticed was that there were no locks on the doors to the rooms. It didn't bother me because relatives were staying in each room, but normally I wouldn't have liked this arragement. All of the bathrooms are private, but they do not have locks either.
Also, mention to the innkeepers if you have dietary needs. Some B&B's do not post their breakfast menu or do a buffet. My husband hates mushrooms, and occasionally he is served a mushroom quiche which he won't eat.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)