“Great Asheville Hotel”

Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Great Asheville Hotel and the Staff could not have been more friendly. From the second you walked in the door they made you feel like you were at home. The rooms were great with a nice big LCD TV with tons of channels to choose from. My wife and I went out for dinner and the hotel offered to take us in their Shuttle and that was awsome not to pay a cab fair. I was amazed with all the new options for food in the area. We also enjoyed the pool and spa it was one of the largest we have seen at Fairfield Inn. I would recomend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank TravlerManOrlando

Reviewed November 22, 2008

This was a typical Fairfield -- except the breakfast may have been a little worse --the microwave John Evans breakfast sandwiches were soggy and and the do-it-yourself waffles were tasteless. Instant Oatmeal and stale bagels.

Right across the parking lot is a J&S Cafeteria which is good for breakfast -- nice big omelets and whatever else you want.

For dinner, go to the Circle B Ranch BBQ which is next to the gas station one drive up from the Fairfield -- absolutely the best pulled pork ever and great greens!

Back at the Fairfield -- it's not for light sleepers. The in-the-wall heat pump kicks in every five minutes right as you are about to doze off.

And it is pricey -- big advantage is that there is nothing else better near the airport.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank SSN695
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Every year there is a large volleyball tournament in Asheville, and there is always a "host" hotel. This year the Host hotel was booked full early, so we ventured out to find another, and ended up with the Fairfield By Marriott, right down the street. How convenient!

Upon arrival we had requested (1) extra pillows, (2) extra towels and (3) a roll-away bed and (4) early check in. We arrived about 11:45, and were still granted a room at that time. Not only that, but the room had the extra pillows, and extra towels. A couple hours later we heard a knock on the door, and it was a very friendly staff member who quickly apologized for not having the roll-away bed in the room when we arrived, and she brought it in, and suggested some layouts she had seen work well with the roll away beds.

Our stay was peaceful. Even though we were across the street from the airport, the noise was extremely minimal in our rooms. In fact, they were quite quiet! The bed was comfy, and the bedding was above average. The room was cleaned daily and staff was always friendly. The breakfast is nice, there is an assortment of cereals, biscuits, grits, oatmeal, breads, and my personal favorite, the make your own waffles! :) The last thing about the hotel that was wonderful, was the shuttle. Since the "host" hotel for the volleyball party was down the street, some of our group needed a ride from the other hotel back, and the shuttle was extremely convenient.

Overall we had a wonderful stay at this hotel, and I would reccomend it for a Fletcher hotel. It is about 20 minutes outside of Asheville, so it's probably not the best option for an Asheville trip, but if you are in the Fletcher/Hendersonville area, it's a definite.

• Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank BabyStace
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I am a frequent business traveler and I found this hotel to be very nice for the value and it is convenient to the highway and the Asheville Airport. The staff was friendly. The bathrooms could use some touchups but other than that I would stay again on another trip.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank chris9212
Reviewed June 4, 2007

We quite like Marriott Fairfield Inns. The Asheville Area does not seem particularly cheap and we paid $99 plus tax for a double on the Marriott web-site. Overall experience was excellent . Spacious, clean well eqipped rooms with good beds. We had asked in advance for refrigerators and extra pillows and they were in both of our booked rooms without extra charge. Nice decent sized indoor swimming pool.

Friendly efficient staff and a good Fairfield formula complementery breakfast. Very convenient for the airport and a good stop over for Asheville itself.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank Grant D
Reviewed October 26, 2006

Great Hotel, I have stayed here serveral times while viisiting family. I am from the UK
The staff are great and the Breakfast is very good, much better than many hotels we have stayed in. For the price this is a great Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2006

To begin, I spend over 200 nights a year in hotels, including Fairfield Inns.

My overall impression was that the quality and service of this hotel are less than I would expect, even from a Fairfield.

My biggest gripe was that I had reserved a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room. It was midnight and had to lay over due to a delayed flight. The front desk staff was very rude, told me that the hotel was 100% full, and informed me that if I didn't like it I could talk to the manager the next day. I left my business card, but the manager never called. I did complain to Marriott corporate.

I will not use this hotel in the future, and have made plans to pull all of my company's business out. I expect better treatment and professionalism from an airport hotel, especially one with a Marroitt name.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank John.Pennekamp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!