“STAY AWAY FROM HERE”

Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My family and I came here for a Volleyball Tournament. This hotel was horrible.1st we were told the rooms were renovated and they are not, mold in the bayhrooms, carpet was old and smelled. The mattress was old and it felt like my wife and I were sleeping upside down. The pillows were like not having pilllows at all. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim B
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your visit to the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. The hotel was under renovation during your visit and the guest rooms were not complete. The renovation is currently wrapping up and our guest rooms are complete. I apologize that you encountered the hotel during this renovation time and hope that you will still consider the Fairfield Inn Asheville during a future visit. Thanks! Tom O’Neal

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I was there was a couple nights. I enjoyed my time there. I stayed on my room for most of the time when I was there. It was clean the service was good. When I went there they were doing renovations so it wasn't really clean. Enjoyed the free breakfast though :-)

• Stayed: January 2012
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Renovations are wrapping up and we are excited about our fresh new look. We always strive to maintain a fresh product followed by great customer service. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks! Tom O’Neal

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Let me start off by saying the hotel lobby area is under construction so that might affect my impression for now. Room was not very nice. Breakfast was good but so crowded that we couldn't find a table after two attempts. Elevator is very slow. It is a good value and convenient to airport and highway. Not a place I would stay longer than a night or two.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your visit to the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. Our current renovation is coming to an end and we have listened to the comments about the overcrowding in the breakfast area. Our breakfast area is now in the new section of the lobby. This has doubled our current space for breakfast. The room renovations are coming to end as well. We hope that you will stop by again soon to see the fresh new look. Thanks! Tom O’Neal

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Nothing scenic or special about the hotel or surroundings but fine for travellers.

Pros
Accommodating and friendly staff
Reasonable Prices
Good breakfast
Good location for airport
Nice pool
really appreciated the laundry room

Cons
Rooms (for us) were on the small side but to be fair we added a pullout bed for our son.
No blackout, only sheer curtains, for windows (I guess we were so tired we slept anyway but on the bottom floor I did feel a lack of privacy.)
Room card keys could be finicky, didn't always work on room or pool/exercise doors

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Another F.I. Showing its age. This one is better than the other Fairfield in Asheville. Cafeteria located next door; convenient. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank amxpress
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was exactly what I was looking for. It was inexpensive with large, clean, new rooms and free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I experienced many problems here. Had booked the airport shuttle which failed to arrive and later, the hotel refused to honor their written guarantee in their hotel pack of a shuttle to Asheville Biltmore Square, even when I talked to them about their written offers. Front desk eventually said they used to offer that service but no longer and they'd have to get all that removed from rooms. Bed was too hard, air conditioning was too loud, brekfast was way too minimal. Not up to Marriott standard at all. Some of the staff were clearly working hard but the management need to ensure that policies and services are up to scratch. Cannot recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank FlyingScotsman95
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
Clarion Inn Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
#3 of 7 in Fletcher

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!