“Convenient for travel but not the nicest hotel”

Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Let me start off by saying the hotel lobby area is under construction so that might affect my impression for now. Room was not very nice. Breakfast was good but so crowded that we couldn't find a table after two attempts. Elevator is very slow. It is a good value and convenient to airport and highway. Not a place I would stay longer than a night or two.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Thank you for your visit to the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. Our current renovation is coming to an end and we have listened to the comments about the overcrowding in the breakfast area. Our breakfast area is now in the new section of the lobby. This has doubled our current space for breakfast. The room renovations are coming to end as well. We hope that you will stop by again soon to see the fresh new look. Thanks! Tom O’Neal

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Nothing scenic or special about the hotel or surroundings but fine for travellers.

Pros
Accommodating and friendly staff
Reasonable Prices
Good breakfast
Good location for airport
Nice pool
really appreciated the laundry room

Cons
Rooms (for us) were on the small side but to be fair we added a pullout bed for our son.
No blackout, only sheer curtains, for windows (I guess we were so tired we slept anyway but on the bottom floor I did feel a lack of privacy.)
Room card keys could be finicky, didn't always work on room or pool/exercise doors

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Another F.I. Showing its age. This one is better than the other Fairfield in Asheville. Cafeteria located next door; convenient. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank amxpress
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was exactly what I was looking for. It was inexpensive with large, clean, new rooms and free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I experienced many problems here. Had booked the airport shuttle which failed to arrive and later, the hotel refused to honor their written guarantee in their hotel pack of a shuttle to Asheville Biltmore Square, even when I talked to them about their written offers. Front desk eventually said they used to offer that service but no longer and they'd have to get all that removed from rooms. Bed was too hard, air conditioning was too loud, brekfast was way too minimal. Not up to Marriott standard at all. Some of the staff were clearly working hard but the management need to ensure that policies and services are up to scratch. Cannot recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank FlyingScotsman95
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The first time my then-boyfriend (now husband) and I visited, we ended up here through a Hotwire deal and was quite pleased during our visit. We couldn't think of anything wrong.

During this most recent stay from July 22-24, we were gifted Marriott hotel points and decided to stay again since our first experience was a good one. We were in room 312 on the third floor, which was clean and quiet. I was surprised that the elevator lobby was actually quite large and provided seating for guests near a large window overlooking the parking lot. Our room was no-frills, but there were some surprises.

The positives: The bathroom, though in need of a little updating and touching up on the walls, was extremely well-lit. I always find hotel bathrooms to be too dim, and I appreciated the full light, especially in the shower. The shower itself felt large and spacious. I liked the arm-height flat platform upon which I could place my shampoo and razor. The bed was very comfortable and the covers were the appropriate weight for the summer. The quilt was double-covered in sheets, so I felt clean the whole time. There was also a comfortable desk and free wi-fi.

The staff was also extremely kind. When my husband had forgotten his deodorant at home, I went to the front desk to buy some. I only saw food items in the "gift shop." When I inquired about it with the staff, the woman asked me "Men's or women's?" and gave it to me at no charge. This echoes the complimentary toothbrush I had read about in an earlier review. One day we came back and it appeared that housekeeping had broken the flush mechanism on the toilet. Even though it was past 9 PM, maintenance was up to our room less than 15 minutes after we called to replace it.

Breakfast was plentiful with many options. I liked the egg "patties," although hard-boiled and scrambled would have been nice. Many choices for breads, pastries, and cereal. Also offered were yogurts, waffles, fruit cups, bananas, apples, and other fresh foods. The OJ did not taste like it was from a mix.

The only real negative is that it is located a bit far from Asheville. Also, our TV remote didn't work, but I am certain that if we had asked about it, we could have had it replaced. Last time we visited, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub, which was clean and quiet (but didn't visit on this occasion). We drove daily into Brevard (about 35 minutes) and twice into Asheville (about 15 minutes). A good, clean, safe place to stay especially if you are visiting the waterfalls in Brevard. I am sure we will go back when we visit Asheville again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Sure - its a cookie cutter Fairfield, but sometimes it's nice to have no surprises! This hotel is directly across from the Asheville airport (AVL) and I mean directly...however, its a small airport so noise isn't an issue. Close to fairgrounds also. Hendersonville is 10 minutes away....Asheville about 15 - hotel is just off I-26. This has been my go-to hotel in the area since it opened - I have lots of family in the area and its nice to have a reliable place to stay. PLUS...the staff is awesome! The breakfast buffet staff are super heroes (at least to me) who manage to keep food stocked despite the morning crowds - plus lots of great choices!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
#4 of 7 in Fletcher

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!