“Simple, clean, modern”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
New York
“Simple, clean, modern”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was exactly what I was looking for. It was inexpensive with large, clean, new rooms and free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I experienced many problems here. Had booked the airport shuttle which failed to arrive and later, the hotel refused to honor their written guarantee in their hotel pack of a shuttle to Asheville Biltmore Square, even when I talked to them about their written offers. Front desk eventually said they used to offer that service but no longer and they'd have to get all that removed from rooms. Bed was too hard, air conditioning was too loud, brekfast was way too minimal. Not up to Marriott standard at all. Some of the staff were clearly working hard but the management need to ensure that policies and services are up to scratch. Cannot recommend this place at all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank FlyingScotsman95
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The first time my then-boyfriend (now husband) and I visited, we ended up here through a Hotwire deal and was quite pleased during our visit. We couldn't think of anything wrong.

During this most recent stay from July 22-24, we were gifted Marriott hotel points and decided to stay again since our first experience was a good one. We were in room 312 on the third floor, which was clean and quiet. I was surprised that the elevator lobby was actually quite large and provided seating for guests near a large window overlooking the parking lot. Our room was no-frills, but there were some surprises.

The positives: The bathroom, though in need of a little updating and touching up on the walls, was extremely well-lit. I always find hotel bathrooms to be too dim, and I appreciated the full light, especially in the shower. The shower itself felt large and spacious. I liked the arm-height flat platform upon which I could place my shampoo and razor. The bed was very comfortable and the covers were the appropriate weight for the summer. The quilt was double-covered in sheets, so I felt clean the whole time. There was also a comfortable desk and free wi-fi.

The staff was also extremely kind. When my husband had forgotten his deodorant at home, I went to the front desk to buy some. I only saw food items in the "gift shop." When I inquired about it with the staff, the woman asked me "Men's or women's?" and gave it to me at no charge. This echoes the complimentary toothbrush I had read about in an earlier review. One day we came back and it appeared that housekeeping had broken the flush mechanism on the toilet. Even though it was past 9 PM, maintenance was up to our room less than 15 minutes after we called to replace it.

Breakfast was plentiful with many options. I liked the egg "patties," although hard-boiled and scrambled would have been nice. Many choices for breads, pastries, and cereal. Also offered were yogurts, waffles, fruit cups, bananas, apples, and other fresh foods. The OJ did not taste like it was from a mix.

The only real negative is that it is located a bit far from Asheville. Also, our TV remote didn't work, but I am certain that if we had asked about it, we could have had it replaced. Last time we visited, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub, which was clean and quiet (but didn't visit on this occasion). We drove daily into Brevard (about 35 minutes) and twice into Asheville (about 15 minutes). A good, clean, safe place to stay especially if you are visiting the waterfalls in Brevard. I am sure we will go back when we visit Asheville again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Sure - its a cookie cutter Fairfield, but sometimes it's nice to have no surprises! This hotel is directly across from the Asheville airport (AVL) and I mean directly...however, its a small airport so noise isn't an issue. Close to fairgrounds also. Hendersonville is 10 minutes away....Asheville about 15 - hotel is just off I-26. This has been my go-to hotel in the area since it opened - I have lots of family in the area and its nice to have a reliable place to stay. PLUS...the staff is awesome! The breakfast buffet staff are super heroes (at least to me) who manage to keep food stocked despite the morning crowds - plus lots of great choices!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tn
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I was put in another room after being in room #125. This room smells like chlorine attacked it, which it is right next to the pool with no other windows except looking at the pool. Besides it being next to the pool which smells horrible, there is also a lot of noise from children screaming and playing.

I asked to be moved by the second night, and I was moved, and downgraded to a room that smelled like smoke and had burns in the carpet. My eyes were red from the chlorine smell in the room from before. Even after I tried to get my eyes back to white (they were extremely red), by using visine,, it only made my eyes hurt worse.

Breakfast was ok. Nothing to write home about. Would have much rather had breakfast at a Hampton or similar hotel. Definitely not worth the money for a sub-par hotel with horrible customer service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Just a quick review of our stay from 6/10 - 6/11. Hotel, Room, and all Facilities seemed very neat and clean. The room was of good size, comfortable mattress, nice furnishings, large window. Bathroom was both clean and of adequate size, shower had good water pressure and shower curtain was clean. Complimentary breakfast was provided and seemed to have a good variety of items available. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful. We only had two small complaints, both of which, would not prevent a future stay. First, the pillows on bed (even though 5 were provided) were very flat. Lastly, being on the first floor, outside of the window was a large patio seating area with lots of foot traffic, only the semi-see-thru "sheer" would pull across the window, but not the "curtains" themselves, leaving the room feeling a bit without privacy. All in all was a good, restful stay, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lack of curtain coverage, Request 2nd/3rd floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CrazyCamel09
North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I were going to Asheville for his niece's baby shower on Saturday, October 23rd. The day before (October 22nd) we were to leave, we received and emergency call that his brother suffered a massive stroke and was given a 10% chance of making it through the night so we needed to arrive on Friday now. Marriott reservations said the hotel was sold out so I called the Fairfield directly about adding Friday night to our Saturday reservation and Tammy was great. She worked with us to get us a better rate since this was unexpected and guaranteed us late arrival. Emergencies do happen in life and she was very compassionate. Tammy many many "KUDOS" to you!!!!!
We have stayed at this Fairfield before and as usual it was clean and very comfy. The hot breakfast they offer now was GREAT! Barbara who worked in the breakfast area was AWESOME as she checked on us to see if we needed anything and she informed that she would be closing it down soon so if we needed anything to let her know. I LOVE great customer service and this Fairfield exceeds it by far. My husband is from Asheville and we have stayed at several Marriott properties but we will be making the Fairfield by the airport our home away from home from now on when we visit.
Thanks again to the awesome staff!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I will share your comments with Tammy and Barbara. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new hot breakfast. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Tom O’Neal General Manager 828-684-1144
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
#4 of 7 in Fletcher
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!