“Why stay on your cousin's couch when the beds here are SO comfy”

Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Sure - its a cookie cutter Fairfield, but sometimes it's nice to have no surprises! This hotel is directly across from the Asheville airport (AVL) and I mean directly...however, its a small airport so noise isn't an issue. Close to fairgrounds also. Hendersonville is 10 minutes away....Asheville about 15 - hotel is just off I-26. This has been my go-to hotel in the area since it opened - I have lots of family in the area and its nice to have a reliable place to stay. PLUS...the staff is awesome! The breakfast buffet staff are super heroes (at least to me) who manage to keep food stocked despite the morning crowds - plus lots of great choices!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I was put in another room after being in room #125. This room smells like chlorine attacked it, which it is right next to the pool with no other windows except looking at the pool. Besides it being next to the pool which smells horrible, there is also a lot of noise from children screaming and playing.

I asked to be moved by the second night, and I was moved, and downgraded to a room that smelled like smoke and had burns in the carpet. My eyes were red from the chlorine smell in the room from before. Even after I tried to get my eyes back to white (they were extremely red), by using visine,, it only made my eyes hurt worse.

Breakfast was ok. Nothing to write home about. Would have much rather had breakfast at a Hampton or similar hotel. Definitely not worth the money for a sub-par hotel with horrible customer service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Just a quick review of our stay from 6/10 - 6/11. Hotel, Room, and all Facilities seemed very neat and clean. The room was of good size, comfortable mattress, nice furnishings, large window. Bathroom was both clean and of adequate size, shower had good water pressure and shower curtain was clean. Complimentary breakfast was provided and seemed to have a good variety of items available. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful. We only had two small complaints, both of which, would not prevent a future stay. First, the pillows on bed (even though 5 were provided) were very flat. Lastly, being on the first floor, outside of the window was a large patio seating area with lots of foot traffic, only the semi-see-thru "sheer" would pull across the window, but not the "curtains" themselves, leaving the room feeling a bit without privacy. All in all was a good, restful stay, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lack of curtain coverage, Request 2nd/3rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CrazyCamel09
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I were going to Asheville for his niece's baby shower on Saturday, October 23rd. The day before (October 22nd) we were to leave, we received and emergency call that his brother suffered a massive stroke and was given a 10% chance of making it through the night so we needed to arrive on Friday now. Marriott reservations said the hotel was sold out so I called the Fairfield directly about adding Friday night to our Saturday reservation and Tammy was great. She worked with us to get us a better rate since this was unexpected and guaranteed us late arrival. Emergencies do happen in life and she was very compassionate. Tammy many many "KUDOS" to you!!!!!
We have stayed at this Fairfield before and as usual it was clean and very comfy. The hot breakfast they offer now was GREAT! Barbara who worked in the breakfast area was AWESOME as she checked on us to see if we needed anything and she informed that she would be closing it down soon so if we needed anything to let her know. I LOVE great customer service and this Fairfield exceeds it by far. My husband is from Asheville and we have stayed at several Marriott properties but we will be making the Fairfield by the airport our home away from home from now on when we visit.
Thanks again to the awesome staff!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I will share your comments with Tammy and Barbara. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new hot breakfast. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Tom O’Neal General Manager 828-684-1144

Reviewed June 15, 2010

We couldn't fly out of Asheville Regional as scheduled due to bad weather. The airline finally gave us lodging vouchers for an overnight stay at the Fairfield Inn, and Eric, the hotel's friendly shuttle driver, picked us up. Our room was exceptionally nice: done in pretty shades of pale green and white, with two comfy double beds (with a feather pillow AND foam, what a concept!) a flat screen TV, a small fridge, AC, decent toiletries, and plenty of space. Everything was shiny and seemed brand new. When we wanted to go out for some dinner, Eric drove us to a nearby Ruby Tuesday's, where we had the salad bar, and then he later picked us up. The front desk gave us free toothpaste when we asked. The room was extremely quiet and we had a great sleep. In the morning the included breakfast buffet in the lobby offered fresh fruit, baked goods, egg patties, sausages, biscuits and gravy, and grits, as well as yogurt and cereal.

We have stayed in many places that were not as comfortable, clean, quiet, and easy to deal with as this hotel. It made being grounded "not such a big deal."

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dale_river
Reviewed January 3, 2010

After a few rather poor hotel choices on this trip, we decided to stick with Fairfield Inn and Suites, though they are higher in price than we like to pay for just stopping for one night, getting in late, going to bed and using the shower the next morning, to depart....! This one was very nice, and I am glad I decided to "stay out of downtown Asheville" area on New Years Eve. All the hotels around Biltmore and downtown wanted up to $40-75 more per night for the same type of accomodations. The 15 minute drive into "town" was not a problem. Service was quick, efficient. Beautiful hotel. Colors are fun and bright and cheery. Nice business center. The rooms are somewhat on the smaller side, but that is the only negative I can think of. One plug in the lamp on the desk did not work, but I informed them of this. I highly recommend this hotel. I heard no noise from the airport, which was almost across the street. Large parking lot. Immaculate.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Due to flight cancellations, my husband and I had to look for a hotel near the airport so we could return the day after our scheduled flight. Having stayed at Fairfield Inns before, we thought this would be a reasonable choice. We certainly didn't expect what we found -- terrific, helpful, knowledgeable staff. Clean, comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere. The lobbies (including the one on our room's floor) were spacious, nicely decorated, ultra clean and as pleasant as any of the best hotels we've stayed in. The furnishings (great bed, lovely upholstered chairs), internet, breakfast and check-in and check-out all made for a pleasant stay (despite our reasons for being there in the first place). The staff provided a list of nearby restaurants, including three non-chain local establishments as well as a shuttle to and from the restaurant of our choice. (We had great Thai food at a place called Tamarind -- again, on par with any really good Thai restaurant from many travels.) This trip was for pleasure, but I've been to a lot of hotels for both business and family/pleasure trips. We were delighted with the comfort, convenience, staff and accommodations!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loretRochester_NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
#3 of 7 in Fletcher
Super 8 Asheville Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!