All reviewsfire pitgreat place to stayoff the highwayfront desk staffvery nice hotelhot tubeasy accessup to dateexcellent staythe breakfast areabreakfast staffclose to the airportclean roomsparking lotcomfortable bedfree breakfaststaff was friendly
Reviewed December 12, 2017

The rooms have bad noise issues, freeway is close and loud. I was on the second floor and I cloud hear people walking on the third floor.
Food was the typical fake eggs with cold meat. I wish this hotel chain would step up the experience, get some local style foods and some better people to help enjoy the local places.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SharonHDavidson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. I do hate to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us and would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay. It is always our main goal to take care of our guests and to ensure that they leave 100% happy. You can contact me directly at the hotel at
828-687-0806. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

Overall-Average
As a former "Road Warrior" having traveled for business for 30 years, both domestically and Internationally, I have been a Hilton Honors member.

Hotel- Very Good
A newer hotel, the hotel showed little wear and tear.

Hotel Location- Average to Bad
It is NOT an easy hotel to find or get in to, because of the location. The roads out front are probably the WORST intersection I have ever driven on in my life. You have to go past the hotel, if coming from Asheville, cross over to the Left side of the road and to go back over to the right side after you cross I 26, and make a U-turn. On the way back to the hotel, its just the opposite.

The sign they have on the road is USELSS, since it is so small and the intersection is so busy you cant really look.

I saw the HUGE sign on the hotel, otherwise I would have never seen it.

Hotel Parking- Average to Bad
Its a small lot and no spots in front of the hotel, everything on the side. Between Handicap and Diamond Status reserved spots, there really isn't anything within 75 yards of the front door, and can't park around back, because only parking on 1 side of the hotel.

Bad Weather Conditions
Would have been nice if they spread some rock salt in the parking lot, which looked like it had been partially plowed, but very slick.

Rooms- Good
I think Hotels are trying to hard to be hip and different, and I am so tired of the sliding barn door for the bathroom and the stop in the bathroom sink that you have to tap to open up.

Wish Hampton would just go back the the basics with a normal door and a sink stop operating by the pull above the faucets.

Room door too heavy, especially with the growing # of baby boomers

Front Desk- Average to Below Average (Very Unusual)
I usually find the front desk staff at Hilton Brand hotels as very good, but only 1 employee I interacted with during my stay I would consider very Good, believe she spelled her name Christie.

The others were either to either seemed slow, socially awkward or more interested in checking her cell than guest.

Shuttle- Below Average
The Shuttle was stopped for weather, but on Sunday, the roads were clear and didn't understand stopping the shuttle.

Room Location- Poor
I asked for a room NOT near the elevator or vending/ice machine or loud groups. You guessed it, they stuck me right across from the LOUD, people getting ice til almost 2am, and RiIGHT next to the elevator. Don't even now why I bother with special requests

Room Tip: Stay across the street, near Cracker Barrel, 2 very nice hotels, back off the roads, and they aren't Hilton
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am terribly sorry that our location was not to your satisfaction. During inclement weather, we have to take the safety of our guests as well as our employees into consideration. Once we were absolutely positive that we could run our shuttle safely we had it back up and running. Unfortunately, rock salt cannot be put down on the actual asphalt but we did do everything we could to keep our lot and sidewalks clear throughout this storm. I would love the opportunity to speak with more regarding your stay. Please contact me at 828-687-0806. I look forward to speaking with you and being able to rectify this situation. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

Great location, room & hotel were in great shape - desk clerk said had been renovated in 2015. Breakfast was good and all employees were pleasant. A couple of restaurants in walking distance for lunch/dinner. Lobby was decorated nicely for Christmas - large lobby with a fireplace and plenty of sitting areas.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank 851carp
SharonHDavidson, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our wonderful hot breakfast and relax in our luxurious lobby. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. It is our pleasure to take care of our guests and provide them with over the top hospitality during their stay.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

This property is perfect for a trip to Asheville. It's convenient to many restaurants, shopping areas and attractions. I've stayed here many times and have enjoyed the quiet rooms and friendly staff. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathroom is well lit and spacious.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Yvonne T

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. Thank you for being our guest.

Sharon Davidson, General Manager

Reviewed December 9, 2017

My first frustration was the fact that they wanted to see my identification even though I had checked in through the App. This is against Hilton Honors policy, and I have been in 35 Hilton locations on 3 continents this year and this location seems to have not gotten the memo.

My biggest issue though, I left my room and verified that my "no service" sign was up. When I returned the sign was not on my door, upon entering my room was serviced and I did not have a sign anywhere to be seen. I will not be back......there are far too many other options within a 10 mile radius, even a 5 mile radius which includes a Hilton and other Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. I do hate that you are upset that we verified your ID while you were checking in. The Hilton Brand allows each individual property to make a decision whether or not they will check a guests' ID. In this day and age, we take the safety and security of all of our guests very seriously and will continue to do so. I do apologize if this was an inconvenience to you.
I apologize that there was confusion with your room being serviced. My Executive Housekeeper verified that there was not a Do Not Disturb Sign on the entrance door which is why my housekeeping staff serviced your room. We do not enter any room that has a Do Not Disturb Sign on the door because we do respect the privacy of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at 828-687-0806. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you for being our guest and for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand.