“smoke ruined stay moved to another hotel next night”

Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
gastonia, United States
“smoke ruined stay moved to another hotel next night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

smoke from employees smoking inside door on rear entrance ruined our stay, hotel looked fine, entire hall smelled badly because of the smoking, we had a non smoking room.......there are several Hampton Inns in Asheville better than this one. I suggest Doubletree and the Homewood Suites as a better alternative as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the odor you encountered during your stay, and we’re taking steps to make sure it won’t happen again. We know that travel can be stressful, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate you being our guest and your loyalty to the Hilton brand. Again, we apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

All in all, my wife and I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and the room was more than adequate and the hotel was just a short drive to our ultimate destination, the Biltmore.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sharon D, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I am very happy to hear you had a great stay with us while you were in the area visiting the Biltmore. We strive to provide "hamptonality" to our guest during their stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you again.
Greenville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The staff provided excellent service for our stay. It was the anniversary of my wife and me and the small extras went a long way towards making that special. We highly recommend the stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sharon D, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you staying with us recently. I am very happy to hear we were able to help make your anniversary special. We appreciate you sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just stayed for one night but glad that was all.The location work for us on this trip. The counter staff were a little cold but the breakfast staff were very helpful. The room: A little musty smelling, the air conditioner was loud and the beds felt a little old. My pillow smelled like a greasy head and the duvet had long black hairs all over it. All in all just a ok stay but will stay in another Hilton brand on our next trip to Asheville.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us recently. I apologize for any inconvience you experienced during your stay with us. The issues you mentioned could have been easily and quickly taken care of if we had known about the situations. We strive to make sure all of our guest have a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

The staff were friendly and attentive.

The complementary breakfast was good - and I was impressed that the Juice bar was still open later in the day. (Other hotels have annoyed me by being so cheap that they lock it up after breakfast.)

But the hotel building is showing signs of wear and tear - which are not being adequately corrected.

For example: Room # 221
- door latch doesn't work in the 'down' direction. Up works fine, but most people wouldn't think to lft the handle 'up.'
- the front of the desk is damaged.

It's not a good sign when maintenance issues are neglected.

Room Tip: General Tips - 2nd floor (or higher tends to be quieter.)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sharon D, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently. I apologize for the issue you had with the door during your stay. I have made maintenance aware of the issue along with the damage to the desk. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We are looking forward to our room renovation which is to take place late 2014. I hope you will stop in and see us the next time you are in the area.
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

When we travel, my husband and I always look for a Hampton Inn sign. The hotels are reliable, clean and of the same high quality no matter what part of the country we visit. Breakfast is included and of great variety-something for everyone. Then we don't have to go out looking for somewhere to eat in an unfamiliar area. This hotel was no exception.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us recently. We value our loyal guest and appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton Brand. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It is greatly appreciated. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The lack of a digital thermostat in the room made it hard to regulate to room temperature during the night. The lack of a refrigerator in the room was also a nuisance. The parking lot layout was strange and the only access to the hotel was via the main lobby entrance. Otherwise the room was clean and quiet. As I sated in my title, average at best.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon D, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
I am terribly sorry you had problems with the thermostat in your room. We would have been more than happy to assist you with it. We want to make sure all of guest experience a comfortable and pleasant stay. We do have another entrance into the hotel. If you had followed the sidewalk behind the building you would have found the back entrance. I apologize that wasn't made clear to you upon check in. Also, at this time our standard rooms do not have refrigerators and microwaves in them, but we have suites with kitchenettes that have full size refrigerators, microwaves, 2 burner stove top and a dishwasher. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the area. Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
#4 of 7 in Fletcher
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26? Share your experiences!