All reviews fire pit great place to stay off the highway front desk staff very nice hotel easy access up to date king suite we've stayed excellent stay the breakfast area one night stay free breakfast clean rooms close to the airport sierra nevada brewery comfortable bed
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Check in was rather quick and satisfactory, however things took a turn for the worse after that. The pool was dirty with insects and leaves all over the place, the gate for the pool enclosure was difficult to operate, there was limited staff presence near the pool, and the hot-tub lacked a temperature control/timer. Back in the room, the A/C wasn't working properly and I tossed and turned all night. In the morning, the breakfast foods were good, but not replenished and the bread was too big for the toaster. To make things worse, the breakfast staff went around asking every table if they needed anything, except our table--the only non-white family in the dining area. I was surprised at this lack of maintenance and clear disservice. I had higher expectations for a Hilton branded hotel, but I left thoroughly disappointed.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you experienced. I can assure you that my maintenance staff has taken at look about the pool area as well as the air conditioner in the room and I have addressed the issues you experienced in breakfast. We unfortunately do not have staff that stays at the pool area during the hours of operations, however our maintenance staff does consistently work to maintain our pool area in order to keep it in the best of shape. The water temperature in our outdoor whirlpool is maintained at a temperature of less than 104 degrees. This whirlpool contanstly cycles which is why there are no controls. We strive daily to ensure that all of guests are taken care of and I do apologize that we fell short with you and your family. Since you left our hotel disappointed and not completely satisfied, I will stand behind the Hampton Guarantee and issue you the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Again, I do apoligze for any issues you experienced during your stay with us. We do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very sastified with this hotel except for one day when returned late afternoon and housekeeping had not serviced the room. They came immediately after I called. The suite rooms are especially nice with a full kitchen including plates, glasses, silverware, an ice maker in refridgarator, and a dishwasher.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our most fabulous suites. It is so nice to have such a spacious room in order to just kick back and relax. I do apologize that housekeeping had not made it to your room until late in the afternoon. We certainly try and take care of all of our guests in a timely manner. I would love to be able to speak with you regarding this issue so we can ensure that it does not happen again. Your feedback is so very important to us because it allows us to better serve you as well as our other guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly enjoy hearing how our guests feel about us. Thank you for being our guest and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Asheville, NC just off of Interstate 26. The actual town was called Fletcher. We are Hilton Honors members and normally stay at Embassy Suites, but since there were none close to this area, we chose this Hampton Inn and Suites. Having three kids, one of which is 2, it's important to us to have a seperate bedroom area from the living room area which is why we chose the Hampton Inn and Suites. Two days prior to arrival, we received a phone call from a real live person (which doesn't happen much anymore) from the hotel to confirm our reservation. The hotel was very easy to locate and is right off of I-26. The outside of the hotel was very clean and looked very nice. Registration was very quick and easy and we were greeted with a smile. The employee behind the desk was very polite, friendly, and answered all questions we had. The room we were in was very nice. The living area was large with a nice bathroom, and we had two queen beds in the bedroom. The sofa also pulled out into a sleeper which gave us plenty of room. The room was very quiet and well equipped. We did visit the pool area which I have to say was nice, but it didn't look like the pool had been cleaned for a few hours. There were bugs and leaves in the pool, but it was near 6pm when we went swimming so it may have been cleaned that morning. The hot tub was right next to the pool and felt very good after 7 hours in the car. The breakfast was pretty good as well. Like I said, we usually stay at Embassy Suites and are used to the cooked to order breakfast, but the breakfast at the Hampton Inn served it's purpose. There was plenty to pick from and none of us went hungry which was the important thing. We were in the area to visit Chimney Rock State Park and it was about a 30 minute drive from the hotel. Make sure if you are going there, you ask at the front desk because they gave us coupons to use for admission to the park. In closing I would say this hotel is well worth the stay and would definitely stay here again if in the area. Very clean, great location, and very friendly employees are all assets.

Room tip: Ask for a corner room. They always seem to be quieter and a little larger.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very vital to our success. I do apologize for the debris that was in the pool. I certainly have addressed the issue with my Chief Engineer and Assistant General Managers so we can ensure that we are keeping a closer eye on the pool area and skimming it more often if necessary. We feel that it is important to do pre-arrival calls so that we can ensure that all of your requests can be accomodated prior to your arrival. We want you to be able to walk in the door and not have to want for anything. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our spacious suites. I hope that we will see you again in the near future. Thank you for your loyalty to the brand and for being our guest.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stopped for one night while traveling through Asheville. This Hampton is spacious, clean, and comfortable. It's near the airport, about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown. There were a few things that could have made the stay a bit better. First, the air conditioning units were LOUD. Second, the breakfast bar was out of coffee --- we were told that the coffee maker was broken. Third, maintenance in our room before we arrived caused black water to run from our sinks -- although it turned clear after we ran it for a while. These little things could be corrected with a bit more staff attention. That said, I would certainly give the place another chance -- cleanliness and comfort are key..

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time write a review about your recent stay with us. I truly appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of the issues you experienced. I can assure you I will address each and everyone of the the issues. I do apologize that you did not have a problem free stay and we want to ensure that does not happen again. I am glad to hear that were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. I am more than thrilled to know that you would certainly give us another chance. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Thank you for feedback. It is certainly what makes us better.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This Hampton was very nice. Everything was very clean and the service was great. This particular hotel is just a little south of the heart of Asheville, so you have to drive everywhere. It wasn't too bad as there was plenty of parking downtown, and we wanted to drive into the mountains anyhow. I will probably stay closer to downtown next time though.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I truly appreicate your kinds words regarding your recent stay with us. We strive daily to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accomodations and to provide over the top hospitality and service. Since you need to be closer to downtown, I would love to recommend our Hampton Tunnel Road property. This property is minutes from downtown Asheville and may be better suited for your needs on your next visit. They will most definitely offer you the same great accomodations and service. There is also a complimentary shuttle that can take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel so you would not have to worry about parking. This shuttle runs from 8am to 10pm. We truly appreciate your business and would love to have you stay with us again if the need arises.