“Great hotel (-beds and breakfast)”

Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Pluses: The hotel is located within easy of Asheville and is affordably priced for the area. There is a nice outdoor pool area and the lobby is richly decorated with comfortable furniture. The room we had has not yet been remodeled in the new Hampton style (the bathroom was) but was well appointed.

Cons: The beds, however are the older soft, wobbly mattresses. Also, the mattress cover kept slipping off the corners of the bed during the night. The breakfast bar area is large but is an 'all carb' zone, missing any proteins. The are a few heat and serve sausage sandwiches and only one waffle machine, which had a line the whole time we were down.

Would we come back: Yes, the hotel was clean and the staff very friendly, the location convenient and the price affordable for the area.

• Stayed: March 2012
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you got to experience our beautiful lobby. We have a lot of upcoming changes in our hotel over the next couple months. This fall we will be converting our breakfast to a full hot breakfast which will allow our guests to enjoy scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again and being able to enjoy our new breakfast. We take pride in ensuring that all of guests feel right at home the minute they walk through the door. Your feedback is very vital to our success and I thank you again for taking the time share your experience.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26

Reviewed March 18, 2012

As soon as we entered the lobby we were surprised at the lovely decor! It was much more than the "usual" Hampton Inns. The staff was so pleasant and accommodating, even sending wine glasses to our room as we were celebrating a happy event. The room was spacious and decorated very nicely as well as clean and inviting. This particular Hampton Inn has an usually nice lobby area and breakfast area. We enjoyed our leisurely breakfast here before our departure. This is not a typical Hampton Inn. It will definitely be on our list for staying close to Asheville any time we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your response regarding your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly appreciate your kind words and will most definitely share them with my staff. We strive daily to ensure that all of our guests feel right at home from the minute they walk in the door. Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Easy access from I-26, very quiet! Friendly, helpful staff! Close to several restaurants (Outback to McDonalds), Ruby Tuesdays within walking distance. Loved the fitness area and indoor whirlpool. Very Hampton Inn, clean rooms ...great mattress and bedding! Continental breakfast only, still very nice! Only fault I see is you have to cancel 24 hrs in advance...when you are traveling, things happen that doesn 't make that possible. This not a typical Hampton Inn policy...usually you can cancel up to 6pm of that day. Local owner of the three Asheville Hampton Inns set his own policy. For that reason and continental breakfast only gets 4 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2012
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your response. I am so gald to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience some of the wonderful amenities we offer. I am excited to share with you that later this year, we will be making some improvements to our breakfast. I hope that you will come back and stay with us and enjoy our wonderful new breakfast. Thank you for sharing your concerns about our cancellation policy. I understand completely and I hope that this was not an incovenience to you. I truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My wife and I traveled to the Asheville area for a bridal shower and to visit the Biltmore Estate. We booked this Hampton Inn, not really expecting much other than a basic hotel. From the moment we checked in the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean, and the free breakfast was a nice surprise...everything from fruit and cereal to microwavable breakfast items and freshly made waffles. The lounge area was very nice, with a fireplace and a large TV. They had hot coffee and tea available 24 hours a day. Other family members also booked rooms at the hotel, and we all watched the Super Bowl together in the lounge on Sunday afternoon/evening. The staff was accommodating and turned the music off so we could watch the game. On departure (5am) the hotel provided a "snack" to take with us, which was a bag with an apple, muffin, granola bar, and bottled water. A very nice touch to end our stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to kick back and enjoy the game in our lobby. I value your input and will most definitely share your kind words with my staff. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

First online review we've ever submitted, but our short stay at this Hampton Inn was amazing. Staff is professional, but personable and friendly. We live less than an hour from Asheville. And we chose this Hampton for a pre-flight stay (close to Asheville Airport) and found a quiet, clean room with a very comfortable bed. Best of all, they provided an on time shuttle at 5am to get us to the airport in time for an international flight. As we left the hotel, we were given breakfast in a bag, an especially thoughtful gesture at that early hour. We've recommended the Hampton Inn to our friends for a wonderful way to take the edge off a very early flight out of town. Any traveler seeking a reasonably priced but still gracious accomodation near Asheville will find it here. Bravo.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will most definitely share your kind words with my staff. I am glad that you got to experience a few of the amenities that we offer here at our hotel. Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We had a conference and stayed at this hotel and all I can say is IT WAS GREAT! Beautiful fireplace to welcome you. Always warm coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea available. Wonderfully comfy beds, and well appointed rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor (5) and it was great! Great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We certainly enjoyed having you all here at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of some of the amenities we provide and that you had a chance to enjoy our beautiful fireplace. I love that you got to experience the wonderful view of the mountains. We truly appreciate you being our guest and look forward to you visiting with us again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Just returned from 3 night stay at this hotel. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised! I lived in the area over 10 years ago when there was nothing but the airport, the gas station, and the J&S Cafeteria. The hotel was very easy to access from interstate I-26 and was and excellent location; close to Target, Walmart, Best Buy and many restaurants. We reserved a King Suite which was well appointed. The room included a sofa, stove, 2 TVs, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker, coffee, plates, etc. The bed was very comfortable. The room also had an oversized tub with whirlpool jets. As in one of the previous comments, the hotel staff called us to make sure that we were coming in as the hour was getting late. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful at all times; everything was extremely pleasant. Even though the location was not downtown Asheville, it was a short drive to town and other nearby attractions, without all of the traffic and noise of downtown. I would highly recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that you were able to make yourself right at home during your your stay. I truly appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and I hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26? Share your experiences!