“Worst - Dirtiest Hotel EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Knights Inn Fayetteville
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
New York
“Worst - Dirtiest Hotel EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Myrtle Beach, traveling with 3 families. We selected this hotel based on the location and the fact that it had a pool! The pool was empty except for a few inches of brown gross water! I wanted to leave as soon as I noticed that the front desk was behind glass! The elevator was broken so I had to use the stairwell that was littered with cigarette butts and trash. The trash can at the end of the hall had burnt matches on top of it as well as cigarette butts. The room smelled of cigarettes even though it was a non smoking room. The floor & carpet was so gross that I instructed my family not to step on the floor with bare feet! Our group realized we were in trouble when none of the pizza places we called would deliver to the hotel! Needless to say we left first thing in the morning and did not stick around for the free breakfast - WE WERE OUTTA THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! & not a minute to soon.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryCNewYork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I stood here for only 1 night. I booked this hotel online due to the price. I only paid $50.00 with tax and all. The hotel is located right off Intersate 95 exit 49. The hallways have a strange odor. My room was an below average room. It had no microwave or refridgerator. It did have cable TV. This hotel offers a continental breakfast, but it is very limited. All that was offered was coffee, orange juice, apple juice, frosted flakes, raisin bran, muffins, donuts and plain bread.
So to sum it up, if all you want to do is just sleep, shower and go, it's worth the price. The confort of the bed was not bad.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank andy598
New York City
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This Ramada hotel was the first overnight stop on a long awaited group trip to Hilton Head our final destination.
It was after 10pm when we arrived tired and looking forward to a good nights rest. From the moment my room mate and I entered the elevator to go to our room I felt as if I had arrrived at the city dump. The elevator was filthy, the halls were hot, smelly and stuffy.
When my room mate entered the room and proceded to the bed near the window, she saw a roach run under the bed. In addition to that; the air conditioner did not work, and the bathtub looked as if it had not been cleaned for days.
After calling the front desk and informing them about the condition of the room; it took a second call at 10:40pm before any action was taken to resolve the issue. We were assigned another room.
Management never apologized for the inconvenience. My word to weary travelers: "caveat emptor." My suggestion to the Ramada parent company: Tear it down and start over!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank onesun4me
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I am a traveling truck driver that requires above averageaccommadations after spending weeks sleeping in my truck. This "Ramada" offered that as well as staff that would send in in the perfect direction to eat, find church services, stores, attractions, etc. I canno begin to tell you how much I appreciated all the help and comfort that the staff provided me. It actually made me not want to leave and go back to work becuase I had found a extension of my family in them. I will try to get to Fayetteville again and I will surely stay at this Ramada again!!!

• Liked — Staff went above and beyond my expectations!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2007

This is hands down the absolute worst hotel I've ever stayed in as far as customer service is concerned. After my first night, I visited their breakfast buffet only to find the milk was very spoiled and they had no more to replace it with, even though it was only 6:30am. The manager blamed it on the night staff, saying it wasn't his responsibility.
During the remainder of my 7-week stay there, I cautiously visited the breakfast buffet 2 more times, once during the fourth week and once during the seventh week. Each time the milk was again spoiled, and each time I told the manager, Jonathan, about it.
The third time I told him about it, I asked him if he knew what a food-bourne illness was, and yet again he shirked his responsibility as manager and blamed it on the night staff! When I told him that a passive-aggressive attitude really wasn't appropriate in a management position ( and that I know because I worked in a Hilton hotel for years), he began to raise his voice and proceeded to tell me I was the worst guest he'd ever seen in his life. I had to tell him to call down and lower his voice because he was probably disturbing other guests who were still sleeping.
Finally, I called the Health Department, and they came and fixed the problem that day. The milk was no longer left out in a pitcher with an "ice-wand" in it for several hours at a time, but switched to its own refrigerator (much more sanitary and safe).
I never got offered compensation for having to go out to eat breakfast every day for 7 weeks, nor was I offered even an apology or phone call by the general manager, nor has anyone higher up in the chain of command given me any sort of response. Guess they don't care.
Making people sick doesn't seem to concern the folks at Ramada Inn. The hotel day-manager was aggressive and rude, and the best advice I have is stay away from this hotel.

• Liked — when the health department came
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank gypsyman
Georgia
Reviewed February 7, 2007

First thing I want to say is never trust the pictures of a hotel room on a website. Very decieving. When we arrived the manager was smoking outside the main entrance. I helped my wife retrieve our stuff from our car. I used a side entrance. I noticed was how dirty the stairs were and how unsecure the "secure" door was suppose to be. My wife noticed the shower curtain was extremely moldy. The floors were dirty. The refrigerator on. That night we had complained of the noice of other guests in the hall, but they did not do anything about it. Overall our time spent their was terrible. We attempted to talk to the manager about our problem, but no luck. My wife later wrote a letter to Ramada and of course not luck. Ladies and Gentlemen stay away from this hotel!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank ReviewerGeorgia
Virginia
Reviewed September 19, 2006

I recently stayed at a the Fayetteville Ramada, and it was nothing but a dive to me. I had an extremely late check-in (like 12:45 a.m.), and the toilet seat was still wet as if it had just been cleaned. Also, my husband and I are NON-Smokers early that morning you could smell cigarette smoke just pouring into our room. It was truly enough to make you sick. The carpeting was dirty and some of the lights didn't work in the room. Oh, and the blanket had 2 big cigarette burns in it; How DISGUSTING!

The lobby was dingy and the elevators were scratched up and dirty too. I will NEVER stay at that Ramada again. I think if it wasn't so late when we checked in, we would have stayed elsewhere. Oh, one other thing...the refrigerator had brown scorch marks or something all on the front of it. It was too DIRTY. They really need to update that place. Anyway, I wouldn't suggest that anyone stay there unless that's all you can afford to pay. I'm so sorry I stayed there.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything