“Hotel??? No!!! Dump??? Yes!!!”

Knights Inn Fayetteville
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This Ramada hotel was the first overnight stop on a long awaited group trip to Hilton Head our final destination.
It was after 10pm when we arrived tired and looking forward to a good nights rest. From the moment my room mate and I entered the elevator to go to our room I felt as if I had arrrived at the city dump. The elevator was filthy, the halls were hot, smelly and stuffy.
When my room mate entered the room and proceded to the bed near the window, she saw a roach run under the bed. In addition to that; the air conditioner did not work, and the bathtub looked as if it had not been cleaned for days.
After calling the front desk and informing them about the condition of the room; it took a second call at 10:40pm before any action was taken to resolve the issue. We were assigned another room.
Management never apologized for the inconvenience. My word to weary travelers: "caveat emptor." My suggestion to the Ramada parent company: Tear it down and start over!

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank onesun4me

Reviewed May 23, 2008

I am a traveling truck driver that requires above averageaccommadations after spending weeks sleeping in my truck. This "Ramada" offered that as well as staff that would send in in the perfect direction to eat, find church services, stores, attractions, etc. I canno begin to tell you how much I appreciated all the help and comfort that the staff provided me. It actually made me not want to leave and go back to work becuase I had found a extension of my family in them. I will try to get to Fayetteville again and I will surely stay at this Ramada again!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2007

This is hands down the absolute worst hotel I've ever stayed in as far as customer service is concerned. After my first night, I visited their breakfast buffet only to find the milk was very spoiled and they had no more to replace it with, even though it was only 6:30am. The manager blamed it on the night staff, saying it wasn't his responsibility.
During the remainder of my 7-week stay there, I cautiously visited the breakfast buffet 2 more times, once during the fourth week and once during the seventh week. Each time the milk was again spoiled, and each time I told the manager, Jonathan, about it.
The third time I told him about it, I asked him if he knew what a food-bourne illness was, and yet again he shirked his responsibility as manager and blamed it on the night staff! When I told him that a passive-aggressive attitude really wasn't appropriate in a management position ( and that I know because I worked in a Hilton hotel for years), he began to raise his voice and proceeded to tell me I was the worst guest he'd ever seen in his life. I had to tell him to call down and lower his voice because he was probably disturbing other guests who were still sleeping.
Finally, I called the Health Department, and they came and fixed the problem that day. The milk was no longer left out in a pitcher with an "ice-wand" in it for several hours at a time, but switched to its own refrigerator (much more sanitary and safe).
I never got offered compensation for having to go out to eat breakfast every day for 7 weeks, nor was I offered even an apology or phone call by the general manager, nor has anyone higher up in the chain of command given me any sort of response. Guess they don't care.
Making people sick doesn't seem to concern the folks at Ramada Inn. The hotel day-manager was aggressive and rude, and the best advice I have is stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank gypsyman
Reviewed February 7, 2007

First thing I want to say is never trust the pictures of a hotel room on a website. Very decieving. When we arrived the manager was smoking outside the main entrance. I helped my wife retrieve our stuff from our car. I used a side entrance. I noticed was how dirty the stairs were and how unsecure the "secure" door was suppose to be. My wife noticed the shower curtain was extremely moldy. The floors were dirty. The refrigerator on. That night we had complained of the noice of other guests in the hall, but they did not do anything about it. Overall our time spent their was terrible. We attempted to talk to the manager about our problem, but no luck. My wife later wrote a letter to Ramada and of course not luck. Ladies and Gentlemen stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ReviewerGeorgia
Reviewed September 19, 2006

I recently stayed at a the Fayetteville Ramada, and it was nothing but a dive to me. I had an extremely late check-in (like 12:45 a.m.), and the toilet seat was still wet as if it had just been cleaned. Also, my husband and I are NON-Smokers early that morning you could smell cigarette smoke just pouring into our room. It was truly enough to make you sick. The carpeting was dirty and some of the lights didn't work in the room. Oh, and the blanket had 2 big cigarette burns in it; How DISGUSTING!

The lobby was dingy and the elevators were scratched up and dirty too. I will NEVER stay at that Ramada again. I think if it wasn't so late when we checked in, we would have stayed elsewhere. Oh, one other thing...the refrigerator had brown scorch marks or something all on the front of it. It was too DIRTY. They really need to update that place. Anyway, I wouldn't suggest that anyone stay there unless that's all you can afford to pay. I'm so sorry I stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CraponYou
Reviewed August 7, 2006

The general manager of this hotel, along with its employees have an issue with integrity. We booked our rooms through hotels and paid prior to showing up at the hotel. The receptionist still asked for our credit card for "identification purposes". We had booked two rooms for 4 nights each. When my husband said "Hey, we already paid through hotels," the manager said,"Oh, this employee is new here and doesn't know the system. Don't worry you won't be charged."
However his credit card was charged. And my credit card was charged. When hotels tried to get the hotel to fix it, they discovered that the hotel had cancelled one of the room reservations entirely, without our consent and then billed us $30.00 more than what we would have paid with hotels.

The general manager would not answer our calls, we called 11 times. He also would not allow any of his employees to give his name.

The hotel itself was dirty and the air conditioning did not work in one room. We reported that, but is was never fixed.

I contacted RAMADA INC on this issue, trying to get some resolution so this would not happen to anyone else. They said they could do nothing because it was an independently owned franchise. So in essence, they didn't care who had their name. I feel I can never stay at a Ramada with such lack standards. How do I know I wouldn't be double charged again? It took me almost two months to get this cleared up.

This Ramada in Fayetteville is just one more example of how some companies in a military town really don't care about their patrons. All customers deserve better, I suggest you stay away from this hotel.

5  Thank ABNJane
A TripAdvisor Member
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2006

I have already filed a reservation research with the Ramada headquarters. Employee DJ/Deepah was nothing but rude to me as I tried to clear up a billing problem.

On 12/28/05 I called and spoke with DJ/Deepah for a one night reservation. He gave me a reservation code for one night at $49.99 plus tax. I informed him we were on the road from Florida and may be in very late that night or early (12:00 am ). We checked in about 12:30 am and were out of the room by 6:00 am. This is considered one night per Ramada.

My credit card was charge for two nights and all I want is a credit refund. So far, I have been mislead and lied to by the staff. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!

Also have filed a complaint with the BBB of North Carolina.

There are dozens of other places to stay in the area, DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: December 2005