“cheap yet beautiful place” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ambassador Inn
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Seattle, Washington
“cheap yet beautiful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We're finally broke after spending 2 weeks at Orlando so we have to Cancel our reservation at candle wood suites and had no choice but to find a real cheap place for a 2 week stay around Fayetteville, NC. We worried a lot in getting hotels within the price range from $60-70s since we have 2 lil kids with us.. First we care about the safe/decent neighborhood, and of course the cleanliness which seems impossible to find an affordable hotels with our standards LOL but not anymore when we found Ambassador Inn. It's an answered prayer for me as a mom. Our room with two full bed is quite small but clean, with fresh-smelled linens, actually I'm surprised that they have softer beds in despite of their low rates, though pillows are not that comfortable, but since we brought our own pillows wherever we go so it's not that bad night at all...clean T&B is just spacious enough though I found few hair strands (from the previous guests) in the floor but it doesn't matter at all since I see NO mildews or stains on the bath tub or shower curtains (which for me is a BIG TURN OFF) .. Just don't be surprise to see coffee maker, wine bucket and opener inside the bathroom. :-)

I truly adore this place.. So I'm sorry if all you hear are my positive compliments. We've been staying at Expensive hotels for comforts,, and this cheap place is not that far beyond form those kind of hotels.. They also have an outdoor swimming pool, and a play place for my kids, plus I saw few walking distant restaurants from the hotel so I have nothing to ask for. I'm so glad that we found this place.

Stayed July 2014
sharon l, Owner at Ambassador Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have been staying here for years, and every time I come to town, this is my choice of hotels.
I agree with some of the reviews, the price is a little steep, but the service is great. It would be nice if they offered some type of discounts for there regular customers. Mattresses could be a little softer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
sharon l, Owner at Ambassador Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments on our motel and thanks for staying with us!
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

my family and i were on our move to wv and stopped here for a nights rest. we found that the rooms were yes, a tad out-dated, but worth the $60.. The sheets smelled fresh and clean, rooms were neat.. There was no terrible odor which i almost expected by the looks of it... There was a security guard who watches the premises all night which helped us feel safer.. Also, the local police station is literally walking distance from the hotel.. We would most definitely stay here again=) Thanks Ambassador Inn!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brick NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This would be "ok" as a cheap stop off, however, we paid $84 for a tiny double bedded room with a little tiny tv. The bathroom was original to about the 1960's. The "continental breakfast" was bad. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank ssg216
Mount Airy, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is an older facility which has been well maintained. The rooms and furniture I noticed are getting a little more tired looking since my last stay here. Not to blame it on the house keeping as all had been cleaned as good as it gets for cleaning , at least in the room I had. The bathrooms were very clean and the bedding was crisp and white as they should be. Towels were good and not worn out. Just the furniture is old and out dated the chrome in the bath room is starting to show some light rust coming thru.
BUT... for this part of town this is the place to stay.. They do have a security gaurd who patrols the grounds at night until 6am in the mornings. He keeps a good eye on the parking lot and vehicles and keeps it quiet . A real dedicated employee. who will go out of the way to help a guest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank highmiles61
Vanceboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stay there whenever he has VA appointments. The rooms are clean. The staff is nice and friendly. They have continental breakfast at the Pancake House next door. They have military discounts and the room was under 70 dollars(we stayed during the week).They have free cable and wi-fi. Not the Ritz but well kept up. For just a night its fine.

Room Tip: Great place for just a no frills night. It's safe and affordable. They have security and secure...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Janice H
Woodbine, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

After reading reviews I thought this would be a great place to spend one night. We were delivering some furniture to our son who was just stationed at Ft. Bragg. After driving 7 hrs, and moving a truck load of furniture we were physically exhausted and needed rest. Check in is at 3 and our room was not ready until 3:35, we had to wait. To make matters worse the room was so filled with cleaning product fumes that we could not breathe, had to leave the door open it was so intense. The arm chairs in the room were so old that the fabric on the arms had worn through to the foam, disgusting. The pillows on the bed were horrible, two of them put together still did not equal one decent pillow. The room in general was below average, and we only needed it to get some sleep, and when your sleeping your eyes are closed anyway, right? Well sleep would not be found, it is located at a busy intersection and all night long cars, trucks and motorcycles revved there engines thru the intersection, the noise echoed thru the room as if the road was right next to it. Not worth the $80.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple