“Decent place to stay but not the best value in the world...”

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Portland, ME
“Decent place to stay but not the best value in the world...”
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Ended up here by default when traveling and had a car issue...thus, picked this hotel at random from a list of area accomodations pulled up by my GPS.

The staff was wonderfully accomodating despite the fact that I checked in late and needed a late check-out the following morning. When I arrived there was a problem w/ the room key cards that management was working to remedy; because of the inconvenience I was given free drink vouchers (to be used at the restaurant attached to the hotel), and a voucher for the breakfast buffet the following morning (normally a $9.99 pricetag). There was a Ruby Tuesday w/ an excellent salad bar right next door to the hotel and they serve full menu until 11pm which was perfect since the hotel restaurant closed at 10pm (the bar stays open until 11pm though...).

Although the pool was closed during my stay (necessary repair) there was free wi-fi in the rooms and logging into the Holiday Inn network was a breeze. Good sized fridge and microwave in the room as well. Bed was very comfortable-pillowtop mattress and soft, clean sheets w/ TONS of pillows!

The only "bad" things I would mention is that the heater/blower in the room was kind of loud (although it worked VERY well), and the in-room coffee is AWFUL (had to dump it out-yuck!).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel! I had a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Atlanta
Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stayed here as we wer traveling and the hotel was great. We choose this hotel because it was right off the highway. They have an indoor pool and a restaurant on site. My kids were able to swim and, also, able to eat without leaving the hotel. The food in the restaurant was wonderful. The portions were a good size and the food was flavored so well. It was not like most hotel food. An added bonus was the staff. Every staff member made it a point to speak and answer any questions that I had. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling on I-95. If you stop in NC, this is the hotel you are going to want to stay at.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Very nice hotel and room. We'll stay here again when traveling to Florida.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlisonF
Ohio
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We've been visiting the Fayetteville area every 3 months or so for the past two years. Each time we stay at this Holiday Inn. It's location is perfect for us because we have family members that we visit south of town. There has never been a bad experience on any of our stays.

We travel quite a bit and find this hotel to be excellent. The water presssure is good, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the staff is friendly. It is located about 5-10 minutes from the museums in the area. We visited the Botanical Gardens and the Special Ops Museum. We also played some golf at the Stryker Golf Course at Ft. Bragg.

We are in the Priority Club and received free breakfast tickets. The morning buffet had an excellent choice of breakfast foods and everything tasted great. Be aware that the orange juice is an extra cost, though. We tend to drink milk instead because it is free with the meal.

I'm not sure what the previous reviews are about. We've stayed here multiple times and wouldn't think of staying at another hotel. I do know that some people complain no matter what you do for them.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Hotel staff was helpful and efficient. Easy access to I-95. We were upgraded to a suite. Breakfast was included...but only for 2 people! 4 of us in the room, so I thought that was rather cheesy of the hotel to charge for two. Room was fine. Parking was fine. I am planning on staying here again during the return drive.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Flaesb
Sebastian, FL
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Having read the reviews on this site, I reserved with much trepidation, but my husband is a Priority Club Member, and we were travelling north for a family visit with our new dog.

Many reviews say this hotel is in a "bad neighborhood." This hotel is about a mile off 95, and on the main drag, with about 6 other hotels clustered around it. We had stayed at the Sleep Inn last year (don't accept dogs), and that was fine, with a Ruby Tuesday across the street. No, it's not a tourist area, and if I was on vacation, I certainly wouldn't be staying here, but if you're staying overnight as you travel 95 (or if you're visitng family at Ft. Bragg), it's a reasonable alternative.

Our room was fine. The sleeping area appeared to be recently refurbished. We had new carpeting, and a new bed. And the bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was a little worn, but it was clean. We were placed at the back of the hotel, which was fine with us, as there was an open field, and we could walk the dog there and play with her. The courtyard is cute. The pool didn't appear to be dirty, but I didn't get in or walk up close. The common areas were fine.

If you are a priortity club member, you get two free drink coupons at their bar, and two coupons for a breakfast. The restaurant/bar is a strange little affair. The bartender was VERY slow, so we just did our two free drinks and had dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Breakfast in the AM was fine.

If this hotel was about $75 with a $10 pet fee, I'd stay there again, for our overnight while traveling with our dog. But we had to pay $100, plus a $25 pet fee. So next time, I will try an alternative. If you don't have a pet, and just want a clean, more inexpensive stay, I recommend the Sleep Inn across the street.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Stayed at this hotel numerous times, each time service and value went downhill. My mothers pocketbook stolen out of room, cops called. Cop spoke about being at this hotel on 3 seperate occasions in the past 3 months. Cop gave us a report of 1st degree burgulry of a pocketbook. No help from Hotel, no concern. Contents of pocketbook found down the street by a dumpster and still the hotel didnt believe us. Room key report showed missing times and the key being used when we were down at the pool. DONT STAY HERE!!!!
Pool was dirty.