“Rooms hard to find”

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The front desk was friendly. The clerk told me breakfast was included, but when I got to the restaurant for breakfast I was told cause I had low room rate, it wasn't included and I would have to pay. I enjoyed the indoor pool area. I did not like the layout of the hotel. Hotel is a circular design of two floors. Is is rather confusing although it sounds easy. They need more signs that help lead to the elevator and the numbered stair exits... It was about 8 different ways to enter the building.

• Stayed: July 2014
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you didn't have too much trouble finding your room. We try to use maps to show our guests around the hotel, as the hotel is very big. We are glad you did enjoy the indoor pool tough. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have you with us again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Having stayed at many Holiday Inns I really was surprised at the poor service I received at this one... Checking in of course was nice as they want your business. Had a restaurant attached and was told breakfast ready early. Entered the room as it was lovely but about 57 degrees, turned the air conditionier it up to set it a little warmer, buy the way it was a below the window unit. Wanted to get ice in the ice bucket and they had not cleaned that out as there was the plastic bag with water still in it. went to the desk and a gentlemen took it dumped it all out and handed me back the bucket. Told him I would really like a clean one. He gave me a pitcher with Ice in it...well the air ran all night, when it got to cold I had to turn it off, when it got to warm it went back on...
Morning and the lacked of coffee for the coffee maker, packets of powered milk none to be had.
now about 6:30 A.M. I am ready to go, restaurant not open but a coffee stand at the door way, I had a travel mug poured some coffee but low and behold no milk,. I asked for some milk as they were starting to set up the buffet and was told some one would get some. At least 15 minutes later still waiting. I went to the front desk turned in my keys and told them if anyone was looking for a lady that needed milk she left. Oh yes I did have to dump out the coffee as I don't drink it black. I did write a letter to Holiday Inn and yep you guessed it came back with sooo sorry, however they hope to see me again...I have been a Priority member since 2000.... Not anymore
That's not the way you treat people that does business with you....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 675gracer
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. This is most definitely no the norm for our hotel and apologize again for the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was a decent hotel. We stayed here during the US Open because it was relatively close and it was Pet Friendly. They do charge a $40 pet fee non-refundable but I can't complain about that. I am sure many people's pets do cause extra cleaning. The room was okay, the beds were old so they were a big saggy in the middle of the room we had (two double beds)-- I forgot how small double beds are! I did not like the pillows at all- they were really big and firm. They have a 'pet wing' or that is what it seemed like.. all the pet owners were kind of on the same area and they have a pet pick up station outside the exit near this hallway. The hotel staff were friendly and they have Bath & Body Works products. Overall good stay. (I put a low rating for value because it was around 300 with the pet fee for the US Open weekend-- all of the hotels jacked up the prices and this was not a 300/night hotel.)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. WE will address them with our Management staff. We hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Not a bad place to stay.

Object to the pet fee of $40. That is like charging for a person for your pets.

Entry 4 did not work so any one could get into the inner ring.

I will say that the breakfast selection is very good and the staff is exceptional.

Room Tip: No pet walk area
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank You again for your feedback. We are glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us! The pet fee is a cleaning fee that we use to ensure a deep cleaned room upon arrival. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

From the time I checked in to the minute of check out, this is by far one of the best stays at a hotel I have had in all my stays in North Carolina. The service was awesome, rooms and hotel was clean comfortable and inviting! The staff went above and beyond my expectations to insure I had an enjoyable stay. They were busy at checkin and the GM came out and helped to get everyone checked in very quickly. The restaurant was had great service and tasty food. (I ordered room service and it was spot on!) I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when traveling in this area. I wish more hotels lived up to the standards of this hotel. A special thanks to the GM for following up with me several time throughout my stay to make sure everything was going well! Thanks Holiday Inn @ I-95 for making my stay the best!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is AMAZING! Walking to my room I ran into, who I found out later was, the general manager. I joked and asked when were the cookies going to be ready. The extremely nice lady said, "cookies, what room are you in, I'll bring some up." I laughed and said thanks, but didn't put much more thought into it. 20 min later my phone rang, it was the front desk, asking if I ordered a plate of
Cookies. I laughed again and said, well I guess so. So here I am sitting in my room with a plate of cookies!!!!! It may not sound like much, but it ment a lot to me. Just imagine how good this hotel could be for you? Attention to detail...... Check that box for sure!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and your cookies! We look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for a week for a business conference. First let me say that overall the staff was great. very friendly and professional. Had a few problems at check in with a rather rude desk person, but the staff for the rest of the week was great. They really work hard.
However, some money really needs to be pumped into the facility itself. My breakout board meeting was placed in a room that was simply horrible; there is no other word to describe it. The furniture & floors were filthy, the AC did not work, there was mold growing down one of the walls, and the smell was disgusting. We abandoned the room within 15 minutes and found our own place to meet. There were cracks in the ceiling of my room. The AC unit was so loud it sounded like a plane taking off. The toilet paper dispenser was broken. The chair & ottoman were dirty & stained. There were never any disposal bags in the container at the small dog park the entire week. The parking lot is rough & with some potholes.
If you can get a room deal with the breakfast included, it is worth it. The breakfast buffet is pretty generic. However, at $10 is not worth paying extra for. I ate lunch here once; the waitress was very friendly, but the food was not worth the price.
If you do stay here, make sure you do not leave any valuables in your car & lock it up at all times. In talking with some of the staff, I found out that there are problems with car breakins here.
I would consider staying here for a night if traveling but will not stay here for a week again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Edistotiger

Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for the inconvenience this caused. This is not the norm for our hotel, and hope you will come back again to give us another try.