“STILL THE BEST STOP ON 95”

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was our 5th overnight with the dog(s) at the half way mark to Hilton Head from the DC area. Great room, beds, quiet, nice, great front desk staff, quick and very good room service dinner and breakfast. Good, fair price as you get what you pay for. We will continue to book and stay here.
Simply good people running a very good rest stop and eatery.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TheCmdr
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at with your pet time and time again! We hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We loved our stay here on December 15. Included with our Holiday Inn priority membership were a free drink and breakfast. The reception was smiley. The pool was wonderful. We returned today. The pool is closed. Priority club, we were told, has eliminated the welcome drink and the breakfast as perks as of January 1. I had to speak to the acting manager before we were able to get the breakfast included as compensation for the disappointment of not being able to use the pool. The latter being the reason we chose this hotel. Our room had 4 strange mini pillows that did not fill the space on the bed. How could so much change in a few weeks?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

We do apologize for the inconvenience however at the first of the year IHG created new Standards for our hotels. With a new year comes new changes. IHG now requires a consistent Welcome Amenity for Gold and Platinum Members and we can now only offer 1 free drink, a goody bag, or bonus points to our Gold and Platinum Members. Club members do still receive 10 points on every dollar spent, but Welcome amenities are no longer an option. We have however lowered the price of our buffet to make it more economical and also have rates that do include the breakfast with the room.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here after 11 hour drive from Florida to NY. First room they gave us was adjoining and we could hear everything coming from the other side. They gave us another room which was a lot quieter but the fan in the bathroom was very loud, the shower was dirty, the beds were hard and small for 4 people to stay, there wasn't a clock in the room or a Do Not Disturb sign. Room service came in at 8 a.m. to clean because we did not have a Do Not Disturb sign which was startling. We were informed that the pool was closed which is why we stopped in the first place so the kids could take a last dip in the pool before we get to the cold north. Also there is no continental breakfast. ..I'm sure to help the restaurant make money. I addressed my concerns with the front desk in the morning . The man at the front desk gave us two complimentary breakfast buffet tickets a $20 value....not sure that offset the terrible rest we got. Guess we will find out after another 11 hours of driving. Pretty disappointed and dissatisfied for paying over $100.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Victoria P

We are sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your stay. We will address these issues with each respective department. As part of a Holiday Inn Standard, we do not offer a continental breakfast, but we do offer made to order items as well as made from scratch items on our buffet rather than the pre-packaged items the continental breakfasts consist of. We do appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel has a good location being close to I 95. It is kind of average in most ways, but what lifts it up is that it does not serve the awful "plastic" breakfast that is now all too common. They serve a real breakfast with a nice buffet table that is staffed, even your eggs are made to order by a real person you can talk to. Coffee was good and the people serving were smiling. Good breakfast goes a long way.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the breakfast! Hope to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is nice and in a good location but I am lying here in this bed and might as well be sleeping on the floor. Ridiculously hard and uncomfortable. At least there is a bar I can possibly drink myself to sleep.. Disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank itravelnc
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

We appreciate your feedback! While each guest has their own preferences to size and comfort of beds, pillows,etc. we try our best to accommodate all. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

As a frequent traveler along the I-95 corridor, I was surprised to find a hotel that accepts pets and still maintains high quality standards for cleanliness, comfort, and service. Not only was my room beautiful, clean, and comfortable, but the restaurant provided great food and service. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I will not stay anywhere else when traveling through North Carolina.

Room Tip: Please remember to call the hotel directly if you need a pet room...the reservation services do NOT...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank skadler

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hotel lost credit card authorization form when my guests arrived caused huge inconvenience and charged my guests when the form was on the managers desk. They are understaffed and have lack of competence in handling out of state charges. I had to call the Corporate headquarters in london because they did not compensate me for this mistake and only refunded my guests when my card was found. LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY!

Room Tip: STAY AT HAMPTON, they don't have organization
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Casem E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. Please do accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service during check in. I assure you that this is not the norm you and your guest should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Zelyn N