“No clean towels or toilet paper”

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Southampton nj
“No clean towels or toilet paper”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We visited during the last week of August for my husbands Army reunion. At first the room seemed clean and ok. Altogether we stayed for four days and after the second day had to ask for clean towels and toilet paper. Apparently the only thing the maid did was make the bed. The pool had things that resembled hair and other things I can't identify floating in it. The Breakfast coupon was confusing and the food and the service at breakfast was the worst ! The sausage were like hockey pucks. You were lucky if you got the right omelet eventually and the staff was rude . Our last morning there we opted to eat at a local restaurant rather than subject ourselves to the "free breakfast". For the price your getting bad service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SandyPink2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear SandyPink2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It was unfortunate to see the breakfast and service you received did not meet your expectations. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Visited my fiance's family for Thanksgiving and staff was extremely friendly, understanding, and helpful; but they led us around in circles trying to get to the room. Breakfast "coupon" or "stamp" was confusing, not very well explained. Pricey room, but very beautiful. I take evening showers and through my entire 3-day stay, I had no hot water. One of the days, housekeeping didn't grab our towels from earlier. Overall, it was okay, but I probably won't return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mariah K
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
While it has been a year since you stayed with us, we still value your feedback and appreciate your comments. We hope you will come back and give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Fayetteville hotels

Dutchess County, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Staff was very nice and welcoming. The 2 floor hotel has an odd widespread layout and only 1 elevator. We were directed to take the stairs up to our 2nd floor room. The room was clean and the bed comfortable but had plastic cups. The gym was small and only had a few items to exercise on. There are only 2 ice machines and both were out of order during our stay and not convenient to get to.
The restaurant has a limted menu and the staff was less than efficient. We waited almost 10 minutes after we ordered for water and ice tea. We were never offered refills. I had a club sandwich which was dry and flavorless. My husband had a veggie wrap that he said was so-so. No one came to see how our meal was. Breakfast buffet was okay. Nothing to write home about. In the future, we'll probably drive further rather than return to this one. Wasn't horrible but wasn't what I expect from a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Get the first floor because the elevator is far away and you'll end up dragging your luggage ups...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback and will address your concerns with each department. We hope you will come back and give us another try.
Oakland, New Jersey
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is an older hotel that has been covered with paint. The rooms stink like Lysol and the bathrooms are old and out dated. The bed is very uncomfortable and the chair is an older chair. The hotel has been covered with paint and is not worth the price! I wouldn't recommend! Bad hotel!

Oh By the Way there is only one elevator so you will be walking quite a bit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bob C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear bob C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

We read with much concern the issue you had with our hotel. We sincerely apologize for you did not find our hotel to your liking and sorry that we fell below you expectations on most of the amenities. We deeply regret the poor experience and the negative impressions you may have had.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we pride ourselves with. Rest assured that your comments will be used to consider improvements where possible. We hope that you give us another chance and allow us to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Params
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hotel has many rooms and is pet friendly.
Very easily accessible right off of I-95.
Breakfast is very good, large selection of food.
There is a restaurant right next door as well for dinner.
Believe there is no heater for pool, would be great for winter months.

Room Tip: Pet friendly if you need it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank V S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear V S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay!

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located for drivers on the 95 corridor.

The property is probably due for an upgrade, but it serves the purpose for a pet friendly overnight accomodation. There were several good areas for dog walking.

The beds were comfortable, and room offered large screen tv. We ordered some food for takeout from Barrons restaurant inside the hotel. Salmon and vegetables were nicely made.

My one complaint would be that the room had a musty odor and could have used a spritz of air freshener.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank elizabethqueen
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear elizabethqueen,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted to read you found the beds comfortable and hope you had a good nights sleep. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn I-95 for two nights while attending my Grandfather's funeral. The staff members were great!! Very pleasant anytime we had interactions with them. Our room was neat,clean and the beds were pretty comfortable!!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ndngrl7
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad we could assist you while you were in town. Our condolences to you and your family.