“Not impressed at all.”

Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Avondale, Arizona
“Not impressed at all.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The Holiday Inn looked nice from the outside but the inside was a different story. Security lock broken on door. Stains on bed cover. Dirty microwave. The first room I checked into was dirty with towels on the floor & trash overflowing from trashcan. The manger moved me to another room but the room has a lot of problems.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank travelermanPhoenix
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience, there must have been an error in the computer, showing the original room as clean, we will address that with our staff. We hope you will come back and give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was traveling alone with my 13 year old daughter, as such, safety was vital. I did not feel safe in this hotel at night, at all!

We arrived at about 9pm and after check in, we went directly into the restaurant to get something to eat. The waitress was extremely personable, very friendly and accommodating. We asked for our meal to be boxed up as we were anxious to get to our room, change and run down to the pool for an hour or so, she did so with a smile I very much appreciated after many hours of driving. She was definitely a bright spot in the entire experience.

After parking in the very dark and creepy rear of the building, we hurried to get our bags out and quickly approached a door where you have to slide your room card to gain access. Only problem, the door was not locked, allowing anyone who cared to come in to do so. The halls are empty and also creepy. (although it does seem they are trying to make improvements as the walls had signs warning us to watch for wet paint).

We made it into our room safely but by now my daughter was so creeped out she made me check every inch of the room, and the sliding glass doors two or three times.

The bathroom appeared clean, but the toilet seat had several cracks! Really? This is a Holiday Inn?? We specifically chose a Holiday Inn as they are always a good experience and make us feel very safe, not this time!

We could see the pool from our room across the courtyard, but were both too uneasy with our surroundings to attempt to leave the room. As a matter of fact, she wouldn't let me shower unless I left the door open because she didn't want to be alone!

The beds were clean, the pillows were very comfortable and the tv was fine. The mini fridge could not possibly be any smaller and the room itself felt dingy.

The next morning, we did make it down to the pool for a quick swim before leaving. The pool area is clean and in great condition.

All in all, it's fine for sleeping and it's fine if you are traveling in a group or are closer to the main entrance...next time I will demand I be placed in a more secure location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the main entrance, and if you are traveling alone or with children...go som...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We apologize that you did not feel secure in our hotel. We do have security that patrols all night, and several lights keeping the parking lot well lit. We are glad to hear the room was well cleaned as well as the pool. Maybe on the next stay ask for the second floor or to be near the lobby.

Travelers are raving about these Fayetteville hotels

Rochester, NY
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here returning to New York from Florida, since it is a great stop for a 3 day return. Since my husband and I have a dog, we were happy that to find a decent pet friendly hotel which is not easy to find off I-95. The room was satisfactory, clean, comfortable, We appreciated the excellent breakfast buffet that was free for Priority club members. .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank spencer2
We are glad to hear you and your pet enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

You can't find an easier location and the place really is pet friendly, but the beds in our room were extremely worn and uncomfortable. This went along with most of the decor - worn and a bit dingy. The restaurant was very good for breakfast and the kids enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Tom C,

I appreciate your review of our hotel. I am pleased you found our location to be easily accessible. However, please accept my apology that you found the beds in your room to be uncomfortable. Your feedback shall be addressed with our staff to consider for upgrades needed.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I was not impressed, I was expecting much better quality; however, the room was clean, friendly staff. We stayed one night on our way to DC. Breakfast was included. If you are looking for a clean room to stay, then this is it. If you are looking for higher quality consider other options.

• Stayed July 2013
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We apologize that your stay was not what you were expecting. We would love to hear what could have made your stay of better quality. Feel free to call the hotel directly at 910-323-1600 so that we could meet your needs for a future stay.
UK
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here with my family on the way home from vacation. Arrived late evening and have to say was greeted at reception by a very helpful receptionist. The rooms were spacious,clean and comfortable although they could do with some updating and refurbishment. The bath took some time to drain after showering. Regarding updating, the same would apply to the stairwells providing access to the upper floor.The facilities included a gym and indoor pool and it was a shame we didn't get to use them. In general the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was basic but adequate. My overall opinion was that the hotel was value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are glad we were able to accomodate you!
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Upon my arrival, the gentleman at the front desk thanked me for being a Platinum Member and upgraded me from a 2 twin bed room to a King Bed Suite before I could even ask if that was available. The room was huge and the beg was very comfortable. Although this room seemed large, it was so quite that I thought I was the only one there. The next morning I had breakfast at the hotel and it was quite tasty. They had a young lady making omelets which isn't the norm. My overall experience was very good and I will be staying here again the next time I come to town. Just a note to say that there was no elevator to the 2nd floor so I had to carry my bag and computer up the steps.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul P
Thank you Paul for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have an elevator, only it is a little ways away from where are suites are. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!