“Do not stay here!”

Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff here are inefficient, helpless, and should not be in customer service. THREE times I had to call. Reservations are handled off site by someone who BARELY speaks English. They told me to call the hotel. Called hotel. The girl transferred me to a manager's voice mail. Hard to make a reservation on voice mail. Third call I was told to call reservations. Holiday Inn used to be a nice family place to stay. I guess now the Bordueax is not interested in customer service just getting a $$$. This place used to be nice but since change in ownership it has really tanked. Rooms need upgrades! Dirty, dark and in a high crime area. Extended stay is down the road and newer the front desk is nice.

• Stayed: August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear mom2cannadaboys,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I humbly apologize for the poor service you had with one of our staff. We always aim to provide the best customer care and seamless reservation system and deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

Your experience is not reflective of the high standards we pride ourselves with. You comments are troubling, as such, these will certainly be looked into and updates will be made where possible. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here 7-10-2013 for one night. Arrived in the lobby and it was very nice. It had been well updated recently, nice, clean and friendly staff. Check in time was very quick. My husband and I were tired and wanted to lay down for a short rest before we had dinner with his new boss. We were in town for my husband's interview and had a busy week scheduled.

We arrived to our room, in the older building on the second floor. The elevator was old, flooring was old and the hallways needed a fresh coat of paint or wallpaper. We turned into the entry of our room, where we saw a large hole in the wall. Opening the door to our room, we were immediately hit with a very gross, musty, damp, rotten smell. we put our luggage down and the floors looked like they hadn't even been vacuumed. There were large crumbs on the floor. My husband sat on the bed and noticed that the sheets looked gritty and stained. I opened the fridge door to put a soda into it and water dripped/ran out. It was disgusting and smelled horribly. I decided against putting anything in that fridge!!! NASTY. THEN, I went to get the remote for the TV and there was a CHEWED piece of GUM on the T.V. stand. I called down to the front desk immediately. They placed us into a different room. Someone came up, apologized and assured us that this was not acceptable cleanliness of that hotel.
He brought us over to our new room, which is where we stayed that evening. The ceiling had black/dirt spots on it all over the corners, the bathroom was outdated, flooring was stained. It was 'clean' but 'stained'. The beds looked clean. We were tired out!
That night, there was a very loud group of males that checked in right next to us. I called the front desk around 1am and was told that security would come up and take care of it. I called again at 2, was told the same thing. We never once heard security come up and speak to anyone (believe me, we would have heard...we could have heard anything through those walls!) and those guys never did quiet down until well after 3. The hotel was unable to provide us with a quiet, relaxing room.
We had gotten this room off of priceline. I am not sure if they give the better rooms to people who book direct or what, but these rooms were definitely not 3 star. They were OLD, STAINED and majorly needed updating. If we'd not gotten the room from priceline (it was non-refundable), we would have checked out and gone elsewhere.
The breakfast was good, the staff was nice and tried to be helpful, the lobby is very nice, the rooms were HORRIBLE.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pannm
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear pannm,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive feedback on our hotel lobby and friendly staff. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to hear about your experience in particular with the quality of rooms you received and noise disturbance. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and I am confident they will take necessary steps to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have read some extremely negative reviews of this hotel. I have stayed here twice (both overnighters), and have had good experiences. It is a little out of the way if you are traveling on I-95, but if you received a great rate (as we did through Hotwire) and you add to that the free breakfast coupons, then through in the fact that they recently remodeled, and the personnel tries hard to be helpful- well you have a good value. I found a clean hotel, though our room only had one bath towel. People are pleasant and accomodating- no real problems.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and found great value I our property, that means a lot coming from an experienced travel such as yourself. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Can't say much about the hotel, but the lady checking us in was smiling. Greeted us and came out from behind the desk and showed us which way to go for our rooms. Very nice attention. Rooms are Dated but ok. Carpet very stained. Beds fine, liked the fridge and microwave. Not a bad hotel, but not great either.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear FlyMom 10,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy to see our great staff was able to help make your stay a memorable one. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on way down to HIlton Head and got a deal on priceline. The front desk staff was wonderful. Very pleasant and professional. I was happy to receive a free pass for breakfast and the staff there was friendly and efficient! the food was so-so but not these girls fault!
The hotel is older and the lobby and rooms have had a facelift which makes it pleasant. The room was so so and the air unit in the room was older and very loud. It did cool fine, but it was an older type with a larger blower going on and off all night. The bed was comfortable and tv large. It was fine for what I paid- $70- I wouldn't pay more than that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank henlova12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear henlova12,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on the desk staff and the level of service provided. It is also nice to know that you found the bed comfortable. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. This issue will be addressed immediately. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel on our honeymoon weekend. We stayed in the Junior Suite and it was fantastic. We had breakfast in bed the first morning after our wedding, and the food was fabulous, and arrived about 15 minutes after we ordered, and it was less expensive than we thought!! The following morning we had their breakfast buffet in their restaurant and it was delicious! The staff is really great and courteous, and always keep your coffee cups filled. The only con, is the hotel is really confusing to get around since the remodel, so don't be afraid to ask for directions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Maritza,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our outstanding staff was able to help make your honeymoon a great one. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My sisters and I stayed at this hotel on March 16 2013 (due to sickness I'm just now getting around to my review). It is located close to a hospital, drug store, and a lot of eateries...K&W, McD's., Bo's, etc. and a shopping mall with high-in dept. stores along with various other ones isn't very far away. Since we were going for a conference along with other ladies someone else made the reservations for me, however, I called hotel the day before arrival to let them know that one member of our room party (three) would be there ahead of the other two and she would need to get straight into room to take a bath before leaving for conference since she works at a hospital. We received a call during travel time from our sister, first one there and needing to take a bath, advising us that it was then five o'clock and the hotel staff had informed her that the room was not ready! Check-in is supposed to be at three o'clock, on top of that she was also informed that one of the elevators wasn't working properly and our room was on the very top floor...think it was sixth floor and we didn't need to hear this since we don't like elevators to start with (she heard the person reporting to staff about the elevator). I had also advised the day before arrival that we wanted a bottom floor due to health problems, one being severe back problems, needless to say this did not make for "happy campers!" I immediately called the hotel during travel time there and informed staff that we were not happy to learn that our room was on the sixth floor when one on lower levels (first or second) was requested and that elevators were having problems at that. The staff member whose name I failed to get informed me that the elevators "were working fine" when several ladies in our group heard person talking with the front desk when the elevator problem was reported. Upon arrival at hotel my sister, first one there and needing to take a bath due to job, was still seated in front lobby and it was now six o'clock! I tried to remain calm and immediately went to speak with someone at the front desk, questioned why our room wasn't on one of lower floors and worse yet why wasn't it available at six o'clock??? The lady I spoke with tried to explain that they had a lot of ppl staying and all the rooms had not been able to be cleaned by check-in time and that due to the computers "being down" they were dealing with a lot of problems at the current time...DA! I asked to speak to a manager and talked with Ms. Karina Lumsden the GS (General Service) Manager. She understood my concern and went straightway to helping correct the problems although she couldn't help with the lost time and my sister not being able to get a bath before supper and conference starting time which was seven thirty. She did however manage to get us a room on first floor with a king bed and a cot taken to room for us which was fine for the one night, however I did express the poor service with check-in time not being available and how it had really inconvenienced us and threw all our plans to the wind!! I cannot express how helpful, sweet and extremely nice this young woman was, if not for here we would have probably tried to have found another hotel nearby. After getting everything straightened out at front desk the best she could (one king bed was ONLY thing on lower floors when we wanted a room with two Queen beds) she gave us complimentary tickets for an otherwise paid breakfast buffet for next day check-out. Upon arriving to our room that evening after the conference she had delivered a fruit tray which was enjoyed also. The next morning while eating breakfast Ms. Lumsden came into the dinning room were we were enjoying breakfast and advised that she was giving me a fifty percent discount on the room which made for a much "happier camper!" We found the room to be clean, sheets crisp and bed slept well as did the cot much to our surprise. The bathroom was clean and water pressure strong. The parking area is large enough but has small spaces and very confusing as to parking near your room however we found it be to very well lighted which I understand is needed in this area of Fayetteville. The lobby area in and around front desk was beautiful with a charming stairway. If not for Ms. Lumsden and her aide I don't know that I would have been visiting this hotel again when in area but after the wonderful customer service and how eager she was to help and please I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: This town has a high crime rate and would park in front where well lighted esp. if you're planni...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Luvsweeniedogs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Luvsweeniedogs,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that after some initial issues with your stay, these were soon sorted and this allowed you to enjoy your stay with us. We will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable. However, I apologize that your overall experience with us was not 100% satisfactory. Please be assured that all your comments are being reviewed and actions will be taken accordingly. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.