My sisters and I stayed at this hotel on March 16 2013 (due to sickness I'm just now getting around to my review). It is located close to a hospital, drug store, and a lot of eateries...K&W, McD's., Bo's, etc. and a shopping mall with high-in dept. stores along with various other ones isn't very far away. Since we were going for a conference along with other ladies someone else made the reservations for me, however, I called hotel the day before arrival to let them know that one member of our room party (three) would be there ahead of the other two and she would need to get straight into room to take a bath before leaving for conference since she works at a hospital. We received a call during travel time from our sister, first one there and needing to take a bath, advising us that it was then five o'clock and the hotel staff had informed her that the room was not ready! Check-in is supposed to be at three o'clock, on top of that she was also informed that one of the elevators wasn't working properly and our room was on the very top floor...think it was sixth floor and we didn't need to hear this since we don't like elevators to start with (she heard the person reporting to staff about the elevator). I had also advised the day before arrival that we wanted a bottom floor due to health problems, one being severe back problems, needless to say this did not make for "happy campers!" I immediately called the hotel during travel time there and informed staff that we were not happy to learn that our room was on the sixth floor when one on lower levels (first or second) was requested and that elevators were having problems at that. The staff member whose name I failed to get informed me that the elevators "were working fine" when several ladies in our group heard person talking with the front desk when the elevator problem was reported. Upon arrival at hotel my sister, first one there and needing to take a bath due to job, was still seated in front lobby and it was now six o'clock! I tried to remain calm and immediately went to speak with someone at the front desk, questioned why our room wasn't on one of lower floors and worse yet why wasn't it available at six o'clock??? The lady I spoke with tried to explain that they had a lot of ppl staying and all the rooms had not been able to be cleaned by check-in time and that due to the computers "being down" they were dealing with a lot of problems at the current time...DA! I asked to speak to a manager and talked with Ms. Karina Lumsden the GS (General Service) Manager. She understood my concern and went straightway to helping correct the problems although she couldn't help with the lost time and my sister not being able to get a bath before supper and conference starting time which was seven thirty. She did however manage to get us a room on first floor with a king bed and a cot taken to room for us which was fine for the one night, however I did express the poor service with check-in time not being available and how it had really inconvenienced us and threw all our plans to the wind!! I cannot express how helpful, sweet and extremely nice this young woman was, if not for here we would have probably tried to have found another hotel nearby. After getting everything straightened out at front desk the best she could (one king bed was ONLY thing on lower floors when we wanted a room with two Queen beds) she gave us complimentary tickets for an otherwise paid breakfast buffet for next day check-out. Upon arriving to our room that evening after the conference she had delivered a fruit tray which was enjoyed also. The next morning while eating breakfast Ms. Lumsden came into the dinning room were we were enjoying breakfast and advised that she was giving me a fifty percent discount on the room which made for a much "happier camper!" We found the room to be clean, sheets crisp and bed slept well as did the cot much to our surprise. The bathroom was clean and water pressure strong. The parking area is large enough but has small spaces and very confusing as to parking near your room however we found it be to very well lighted which I understand is needed in this area of Fayetteville. The lobby area in and around front desk was beautiful with a charming stairway. If not for Ms. Lumsden and her aide I don't know that I would have been visiting this hotel again when in area but after the wonderful customer service and how eager she was to help and please I will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Ramada Plaza Hotel and Convention Center is centrally located near historic downtown Fayetteville, Fort Bragg and Pope Air Field, Crown Coliseum, Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville Motor Speedway, Methodist College and the Cape Fear Botanical Gardens. This hotel offers guests an outdoor pool, free airport shuttle, restaurant, lounge, fitness room, free high-speed wireless Internet access, guest laundry, business center, fax/copy service, wakeup service, free parking with room for large vehicles and 34,000 square feet of meeting facilities. Small pets are accepted with additional charges. Guest rooms may offer free high-speed wireless Internet access, coffee maker, cable TV with extra stations, hair dryer, iron/board, free local calls, air conditioning, alarm clock and electronic door locks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bordeaux Fayetteville
- Holiday Inn Fayetteville Bordeaux
- Fayetteville Holiday Inn