“Beautiful suites”

Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Bronx, New York
“Beautiful suites”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed with my mother while she was visiting and the room was beautiful. We had a jacuzzi in the room; the complimentary breakfast was great to have and the staff was very polite. My mother said this would definitely be somewhere she would stay again when visiting us. For a suite, it was reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank NewlyMrsRodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Vincennes, Indiana
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Being a priority club member I find most Holiday Inns are very accommodating and will work with the frequent and returning traveler, I had stayed at this location one other time and the front desk clerk was wonderful to deal with and welcomed me as a priority club member since I was at the front desk to take care of the reservation, BUT.....if you are having someone else ck into the room with you and they arrive first even though they are listed on the reservation, DO NOT expect it to happen from this location.

I was coming in with a co-worker and made the reservation directly with the hotel giving the other parties name to check in prior to me arriving telling the hotel this up front. The room was booked under CLC Corp Lodging for direct bill and explained that this person would also have a CLC card to check in with, plus the hotel and IHG online have a CC on my profile in case I didn't show etc.

When the other party showed up, the hotel would not let him ck in since he did not have a credit/debit card with him to pay for "incidentals". I was called and told I needed to either have them fax me a CC authorization form or email me one to print/sign and return to them. I explained that would be sort of hard to do in a car on the interstate at 70 mph. I asked the front desk clerk if he could pay cash but was told they do not accept cash. Now they have my card on file to hold the room and charge me if I don't show up but can't "hold" the incidentals charge until I get there????

When I asked to speak to a manager I was put on hold and the same guy came back on the line telling me he spoke to the front desk manager and she said she was busy but that she would tell me the same thing, I had to send in a form or be there which was not going to happen for at least another hour & half to two hours. I canceled the reservation and we went down the street to the Hampton Inn and my co-worker was checked into the room without any problems before I got there and had a wonderful nights stay.

This is one of the only hotels I have ever come across that refuses to work with a guest and REFUSES to accept cash as payment for a deposit. I called 2 days in a row to speak to the general manager, was told the first day they were in a meeting but never received a call back and the second day was on hold till I had another call come in. When I called IHG customer service I received a call from the front desk manager within 3 or 4 hours that basically told me the same thing the front desk clerk had days before, sorry we have to have the form or your card in our hand and made NO attempt to offer any type of apology for the way the entire situation was handled. I was then transferred to the assistant gen manager and she had about the same attitude on the situation. After speaking to her for several minutes I accepted the fact that I was wasting my time trying to explain my side and get any type of clarification or acknowledgment that maybe the situation could have been handled differently on the part of the hotel and bid her good day and ended the call.

This might be a cheap place to stay but the customer satisfaction leaves a lot to be desired. It's a shame that you have to have plastic to stay at a hotel and the American Dollar is NOT accepted.

Room Tip: If you intend to use good old American Cash, find another place to stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Indy_Fan_Man
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Indy_Fan_Man,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I attended a large weekend convention at this facility. This hotel was able to accommodate all of our activities including registration area, large ballroom, large hospitality suite, vendor and display areas, meeting rooms and a banquet area, in addition to lodging for the attendees. Housekieeping and front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is older and was recently remodeled. Our room was adequate. It had two full sized beds. There are few rooms with king sized beds and none was available for us. When we arrived in our room, we were greeted by the odor of stale cigarette smoke. We had requested a non-smoking room. We questioned the housekeeper about this and she stated that the entire hotel is supposed to be non-smoking. She sprayed the room with air freshener but it did not alleviate the problem. The hotel was fully booked so there was no other room we could move to. There was a small fitness facility but a larger area is under construction. A breakfast buffet was included with the room which was a nice suprise. The buffet offered a wide variety and was replenished frequently. The waitstaff in the breakfast area were very attentive. The cafe was closed during the weekend and the sports bar did not offer food until after 5:00 PM. Friends of ours ate in the sports bar but stated they had to wait almost an hour for their food and it was cold upon arrival. For the convenience of convention goers, we would stay here again but otherwise, we would look somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Ann S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We're so pleased you liked the breakfast buffet selections we offer. Please accept our sincerest apology for the unusual smell in your room which affected your stay negatively. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Some people need to learn to not expect the world handed to them when they travel. I was reluctant about staying at this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews, but the experience I had was nothing like all the people on here saying it's terrible. Yes, the hotel is older, but the rooms are up to date and the unique architecture is pretty cool! They had plenty of dining options and the sports bar was super nice for a Holiday Inn. My room was squeaky clean, and the hallways were quiet throughout the night. I felt safe during my stay. I really have no complaints. The staff were cordial as well. I wish I remembered everyone's names who helped me. One of the maintenance workers directed me to my room, the server at breakfast was friendly and made sure my friend and I had our drinks refilled at all times. Also the bartender, Jennifer, (only name I remembered) was attentive to our needs and helped my friend and I pick the best drinks. She even made conversation with us about what brought us to town. To sum this up, I had a very positive experience at this location, would stay there again, and would recommend it to other travellers. Of course it's not a 5 star, but most certainly not a dump like all these other reviewers are describing it as.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Moneta, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent the weekend at Holiday Inn Bordeaux, Fayetteville for a social function. The hotel appeared to have been updated with nice bedding and a flat screen tv. Staff were very friendly and helpful; food was so-so; accommodations were well suited to our function.

Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the second time staying here for an ACSC Event. The rooms are Large and quite Comfortable. Our room was completely updated with modern TV and other appliances. We had a refrigerator and microwave also. All of our friends there had the same amenities. All of the Staff was Friendly and courteous. The Breakfast Buffet was one of the Best I have had anywhere!!! The staff made every effort to have everything neat and tidy! They even provided Shuttle service to the Mall. This was a BIG Plus for the people that wanted to go shop!!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting the area. The room, 4th floor facing the pool, back wing, had a few stains on the carpet, and a few marks on the walls here and there, but was very comfortable and clean. The beds were great, crisp new-ish linens, large tub/shower. Room had a fridge and tiny microwave oven. No trouble with noise, except the walls seemed very thin-- fortunately, our neighbors seemed to be quiet. Mostly military guests, as you'd expect, so everyone was early to bed and early to rise. The included breakfast was outstanding-- large buffet with all the usual items, plus a waffle/omelet station with quick and friendly service. The hostess and servers were great, very friendly (bonus points if you can speak German to them) and quick.

It's not a five-star by any means, but we were very pleased. All of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly from the front desk to the housekeepers to the dining room.

We missed the Tues and Wednesday free-drink and food reception.

Room Tip: The farther from the street the better. There is a hospital across the street and it gets a good bit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family