“Good convention facility”

Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area
Ranked #40 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I attended a large weekend convention at this facility. This hotel was able to accommodate all of our activities including registration area, large ballroom, large hospitality suite, vendor and display areas, meeting rooms and a banquet area, in addition to lodging for the attendees. Housekieeping and front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is older and was recently remodeled. Our room was adequate. It had two full sized beds. There are few rooms with king sized beds and none was available for us. When we arrived in our room, we were greeted by the odor of stale cigarette smoke. We had requested a non-smoking room. We questioned the housekeeper about this and she stated that the entire hotel is supposed to be non-smoking. She sprayed the room with air freshener but it did not alleviate the problem. The hotel was fully booked so there was no other room we could move to. There was a small fitness facility but a larger area is under construction. A breakfast buffet was included with the room which was a nice suprise. The buffet offered a wide variety and was replenished frequently. The waitstaff in the breakfast area were very attentive. The cafe was closed during the weekend and the sports bar did not offer food until after 5:00 PM. Friends of ours ate in the sports bar but stated they had to wait almost an hour for their food and it was cold upon arrival. For the convenience of convention goers, we would stay here again but otherwise, we would look somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Ann S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We're so pleased you liked the breakfast buffet selections we offer. Please accept our sincerest apology for the unusual smell in your room which affected your stay negatively. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Some people need to learn to not expect the world handed to them when they travel. I was reluctant about staying at this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews, but the experience I had was nothing like all the people on here saying it's terrible. Yes, the hotel is older, but the rooms are up to date and the unique architecture is pretty cool! They had plenty of dining options and the sports bar was super nice for a Holiday Inn. My room was squeaky clean, and the hallways were quiet throughout the night. I felt safe during my stay. I really have no complaints. The staff were cordial as well. I wish I remembered everyone's names who helped me. One of the maintenance workers directed me to my room, the server at breakfast was friendly and made sure my friend and I had our drinks refilled at all times. Also the bartender, Jennifer, (only name I remembered) was attentive to our needs and helped my friend and I pick the best drinks. She even made conversation with us about what brought us to town. To sum this up, I had a very positive experience at this location, would stay there again, and would recommend it to other travellers. Of course it's not a 5 star, but most certainly not a dump like all these other reviewers are describing it as.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent the weekend at Holiday Inn Bordeaux, Fayetteville for a social function. The hotel appeared to have been updated with nice bedding and a flat screen tv. Staff were very friendly and helpful; food was so-so; accommodations were well suited to our function.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the second time staying here for an ACSC Event. The rooms are Large and quite Comfortable. Our room was completely updated with modern TV and other appliances. We had a refrigerator and microwave also. All of our friends there had the same amenities. All of the Staff was Friendly and courteous. The Breakfast Buffet was one of the Best I have had anywhere!!! The staff made every effort to have everything neat and tidy! They even provided Shuttle service to the Mall. This was a BIG Plus for the people that wanted to go shop!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting the area. The room, 4th floor facing the pool, back wing, had a few stains on the carpet, and a few marks on the walls here and there, but was very comfortable and clean. The beds were great, crisp new-ish linens, large tub/shower. Room had a fridge and tiny microwave oven. No trouble with noise, except the walls seemed very thin-- fortunately, our neighbors seemed to be quiet. Mostly military guests, as you'd expect, so everyone was early to bed and early to rise. The included breakfast was outstanding-- large buffet with all the usual items, plus a waffle/omelet station with quick and friendly service. The hostess and servers were great, very friendly (bonus points if you can speak German to them) and quick.

It's not a five-star by any means, but we were very pleased. All of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly from the front desk to the housekeepers to the dining room.

We missed the Tues and Wednesday free-drink and food reception.

Room Tip: The farther from the street the better. There is a hospital across the street and it gets a good bit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2013

If it was not late at night and I wasn't so tired I would have left. This place is what you think of when you think of an old Holiday Inn. The rooms were gross. On the way to my room, I walked down a corridor that had vomit covered towels laying right there in the hallway. Gross. When I got to my room, I was greeted by some mystery white stains on the carpet. Gross. When I turned on the shower, a chunk of mold fell off the shower head. Gross. I think I would have felt cleaner if I did not shower at this place. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank autiger3313
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear autiger3313,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I expected so much better than what i received. Filthy carpets, bad ceiling tiles, terrible patch work everywhere on the walls, no wash cloths, dingy towels and bath mats, stained tub, mold in hallway, debris in the hallway. They offered to such our room but it looked the same as what we have. WOW, what a joke.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank bev2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear bev2013,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the room accommodations you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details regarding your experience. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M