“excellent”

Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Scarsdale, New York
“excellent”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We made a stop at North Carolina on our way to Orlando . A friend of mine recommended me this Hotel and I am glad I followed his advise. The room was very comfortable, furniture in very good shape, TV great, breakfast amazing and included with room price plenty of options: pancakes, waffles,fresh fruit, toasts, butter, milk, teas, fresh orange juice which is rare nowadays, other juices, omelets, muffins, yogurt, syrups, etc.
service is very friendly and quick.So, yes, I recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2011

After reading some of the reviews, I was unsure whether to stay here or not. The reviews were unfounded. Yes, you do access the rooms from outside but in days past that was very common. The staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms were very clean and had extra comfy beds and all the usual amenities I have come to know from Hampton Inn ( WiFi, refrigerator, lots of pillows, great tv, etc...) The breakfast was very good and had a lot of choices. The only minor problem was that the breakfast area was very small and therefore crowded. I would definitely stay here again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2010

My family and I do a lot of road trips together, and a lot of the time, we chose to stay at Hampton Inns, to ensure we can expect a clean, basic comfortable room.
When stopping in a Hampton Inn, Fayetteville, to spend the night, my family and i were very disappointed at the state of things. First of all, there was no elevator. We pulled all our luggage from the outdoor staircase to the second floor, on a dark and cold night. Second of all our room was a small, damp, and cramped. The paint was chipping off the walls, and our bathroom door did not lock. In short, it felt more like a roadside motel, which is exactly what we were trying to avoid, when we pre-booked our stay. I am sorry to say that the only plus was Hampton's 100% money-back guarantee. My family and I checked in, went for dinner, and upon returning we checked out,deciding that we did not want to stay the night.
To their credit, the staff at Hampton gave us no hastle.
It is such a shame that this one bad hotel, has given us a false impression of the Hampton Inn. From previous personal experience, Hampton Inns have been really pleasant, and great family stays.

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Very clean. Comfortable beds. Definitely will return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 13, 2010

This is one of the few Hampton Inn's that has outside room enterances. Very quiet and comfortable. The heat & AC system was so quiet, I didn't realize it was running. Micro wave, fridge, and in room coffee. Large flat screen TV with very good channel selection. Carpets clean, good water pressure in the shower, and sufficient storage room.

Lots of food within walking distance, and only a few minutes from the Fayetteville Airport. The usual Hampton breakfast is very good.

Power outlets are scarce, so you may want to bring an extension cord if you have electronics to support. Free internet is average but sufficient.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I always stay at this hotel when working in the area. Everyone is so friendly--from the front desk staff, breakfast staff, and housekeeping staff. Breakfast is good, and the lobby has recently been remodeled. There are restuarants nearby and even though it is a 20 minute drive from my work site, it is worth the drive.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stopped here late at night (11:30 PM) just yesterday. Like the previous reviewer said, looks like a Hampton Inn on outside and lobby but rooms are something else. They appear to be really old, and the furniture is mismatched. Bathroom looks like recently remodeled. Sink area had granite top but front of sink had a board bolted to it, so no doors or waste basket underneath, Shower/toilet door and door to attached room had chips out of the wood at the bottoms. Lamps at nightstand had layer of dust on them. We stayed here only because it was late, just assumed room would be okay. Wrong! On top of it all, the hotel would not honor AAA or AARP discount! Girl at front desk, said she could not change rates since they were close to being sold out? Manager was standing right there, so cannot be misinformation by staff. Really disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple