“Not clean.”

Red Lion Inn and Suites Fayetteville
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed December 17, 2009

I travel frequently on business. Hamptons are usually good, but this one was not clean. Even when I asked for another room it was dirty and smelled like urine. Ended up going to another hotel. Be careful here. There are lots of other choices.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 25, 2009

We got to the hotel late. I was unhappy that is was not a "Hotel" but an older building with outside corridors. We decided to check out the room before we moved any luggage inside. There were some small pieces of trash on the floor that housekeeping missed, and it was a "worn" room...old carpeting, broken light etc. But, it looked ok for the night. A few minutes after we brought in the luggage and got our son into his PJ's, we noticed a small bug crawling on the bed. My husband killed it and then a few minutes later we saw another one, then we noticed a few more crawling around on the AC unit. Now, I am not sure if these were bed bugs, but they were little reddish-brown bugs..on the bed!
We quickly gathered up our belongings and went back to the front desk. Most alarming to me, was the fact that, when I told her we were not going to stay because there were bugs in the room, she did not seem at all surprised!

In fairness to the hotel, the bugs could have wandered in from the outside, since the rubber strip along the bottom of the door was damaged. But we were not taking any chances and I would NEVER stay in this hotel again!! I drove all night to my home, rather than try another hotel. I was so freaked out..and I hope nothing wandered back with us on the suitcases!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank blessingsg
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I'm very picky with hotels and when we got stuck in a storm on the way to Delaware we had to stop for the night and pick the lesser of evils. I get really squimish with hotels that aren't top notch, but this hotel was really nice. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. In the morning they had a big complimentary breakfast set up. Worth the money. Better than some of the 5 star hotels we stayed at even.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

First, let me state that I am a Diamond Level member for Hilton's Honors programs. I've stayed at their hotels all across the US. I choose Hampton because their prices are reasonable, breakfast's acceptable, and are hotels, not motels.

I had business in Fayetteville NC, so I flew into the Charlotte airport late afternoon, picked up a rental car and drove the 3 plus hours to my 'hotel'. It was dusk when I arrived, and walked into the lobby with all of my bags. The receptionist behind the desk was very pleasant, welcomed me, and told me I'd be staying in Room 1**. I was a bit surprised to be on the first floor, because my Hilton preferences are set for 'high floor, away from elevator". I asked her about a place to grab a bite to eat, and we chatted about the local options. She gave me my room key and I started to walk towards what I thought was the rooms area.

"SIR, YOUR ROOM IS OUT THE DOOR IN THE OTHER BUILDING" she called out.

"HUH?"

"Our hotel isn't connected to the lobby. Just go out the door, turn left and your room is in the second building"

It didn't hit me that this was a motel till I began walking towards my room. THIS IS A TWO STORY MOTEL, JUST LIKE A DAY'S INN OR OTHER LOWER CLASS LODGING.
I should have cancelled right then and there and requested the diamond desk to move me to the Doubletree HOTEL across the street, but I was tired, hungry, and figured it would be ok. WRONG! My room was the very last room at the end of the second building. It was humid and smelled musty. I tured up the AC figuring it would dry the room out and went to dinner. The receptionist was right about the BBQ place. It wasn't anything to look at, but the food was good. I drove back to my room, answered a few e-mails, and realized the room was NOT getting less humid, just colder. By now it was late and I just went to sleep. In the morning I noticed the humidity in the room had made everything damp. I showered, dressed, and left, and swore from now on I read ALL the reviews of my hotel choices, including the hamptons.

Today, but contrast, I checked into the Doubletree near Charlotte airport. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! THIS is what I expect from a hotel with the Hilton name on it. For those of you that are diamond members, remember you can call [--] to voice your opinion about a hilton brand hotel. I certainly intend to call and let them know this property does not live up to their standards.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I am a very loyal Hampton Inn guest. Where ever I go, Hampton Inn is one of my top 3 hotels - always. So, I'm traveling south on I-95 through North Carolina, my Garmin informs me of this Hampton Inn ahead. I call, I get my reservation and automatically book it - it's a Hampton Inn for goodness sakes, no, I don't need to see it - I know it's going to be a quality place to stay. Wow, what a shocker - by far the WORST Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. It was FILTHY (and I have a high filth tolerance). I'm not a well-to-do, I'm not a snooty tooty. All I want is a clean room, and I'm willing to pay a decent price to get it. When I got into this room, I swear I was back in college staying in a $29 per night motel. The walls were dirty, the carpet was worn. There was unrecognizable food pieces on the floor. The desk chair was BROKE. If it wasn't for the fact that it was about 8pm, and I already reserved the room 20 minutes prior with a credit card and could not back out without being charged, I would have ran out of there and went across the street to the Sleep Inn. Seriously, I LOVE Hampton Inns, but this "conversion" to a Hampton Inn is ridiculous. If you want a clean room then AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2009

I don't have much to add to recent reviews. Our room was good value for one night, a good size but crowded. There aren't any non-chain restaurants nearby and if not for our GPS, we wouldn't have ventured to "restaurant row" on the other side of town. TV picture quality is poor, as mentioned. Also, we couldn't "send" our e-mails. We did have a refrigerator and microwave, which we didn't expect. Given some of the newer hotels in the area, we wouldn't be surprised if this one isn't slated for a complete teardown and rebuild. Skipped the breakfast in favour of Shoney's - a mistake on our part.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2009

This Hampton is a bit long in the tooth, rooms are small, no microwave, bathroom was small. No elevator and you must access the rooms from the outside more like a motor Inn then a Hilton Hotel. No desk just a table and the internet connectivity was patchty at best. Nothing much around the hotel itself and not the best part of town. The staff was very nice, the Hotel is clean and well kept

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)